• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    BlueSkyGA
    Newest Member
    BlueSkyGA
December Banter

WilkesboroDude

Hey guys just a quick note to say I'm still hanging around. Some of the comments did get to me a bit, but I've also been touched by all the words of encouragement I have received. I took a day or so to let things die down, but I'm still following this system with interest ;)

Although snow86's words did hurt a little, I regret deleting my posts which ended up drawing even more attention to myself, the last thing I was trying to do. I guess we all make mistakes though, and as long as my thoughts are welcomed by most, I won't let a few detractors keep me from posting.

Excellent! We back up our mets here! We were going to have a parade for Foothills down Shelby Main Street, but he decided it wasn't necessary :)

And Burns, I think, sounds like Mr. Burns, with a touch of Apu for spice :) I've always imagined Burns writing his quips from the counter of a nuclear QuickyMart. T

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey guys just a quick note to say I'm still hanging around. Some of the comments did get to me a bit, but I've also been touched by all the words of encouragement I have received. I took a day or so to let things die down, but I'm still following this system with interest ;)

Although snow86's words did hurt a little, I regret deleting my posts which ended up drawing even more attention to myself, the last thing I was trying to do. I guess we all make mistakes though, and as long as my thoughts are welcomed by most, I won't let a few detractors keep me from posting.

Glad you decided to stay! I've enjoyed your disco. Thanks for hanging out and dropping some knowledge!

Does this mean it is going to snow at Brick Tamland's house?

This is great news! Unfortunately there are those posters that just like to cause trouble. Especially ones like that clown snow86. I've never seen him around the forums and he had a very low post count. That tells me he was just trolling and it didn't matter to him if he was banned or not. Please don't take that stuff personal and know that most here enjoy your thoughts and look forward to your opinions during future events. Especially me since you're in my area! :thumbsup:

Dang, guys, thanks!! I'm humbled (takes bow). Actually I'm just an old hippie, weirdo, hermit artist, and, I'm sure, pretty boring, but I can write :)

Amazing, absolutely amazing..one of the best days of my life, lol. All the glory of weather, and the maddness of humans on display.

And it happened when I was, what, 11 or 12? You just can't make this stuff up :)Weather, good or bad, is just one of the best parts of being alive..always has been!!! T

Great quote. I'm with Stovepipe. I love your stories...

Excellent! We back up our mets here! We were going to have a parade for Foothills down Shelby Main Street, but he decided it wasn't necessary :)

And Burns, I think, sounds like Mr. Burns, with a touch of Apu for spice :) I've always imagined Burns writing his quips from the counter of a nuclear QuickyMart. T

Hey dsaur...Just curious where you're from. I see 40 miles south of Atl and wanted to know the name of the town. When I was growing up I spent my summers at my grandmothers house in Milner which is about 50 miles south of Atl. It is between Barnesville and Griffin. I love that area and everytime I go back there it brings back great memories.

Bevo..... I'm a bit freaked out that you could get a pic of me without my knowing Nice place, actually, I think I'd like living there! Gool pic

CR.. sadly my best part decided she'd had enough years ago. I'm still trying to figure out where I went wrong, lol. When you live by yourself you just take the rabbit head on the pillow as a matter of course....living with your best success, I guess, should require a more nuanced response. Hmmm....maybe I didn't pretend to freak out enough when the kitty presents appeared? And close the open window where the cats come and go. I mean, I love the cold and an open window, in winter, as a kitty convenience, never seemed out of the place to me. Maybe that's why you have 4 families at Xmas..you learned to be more nuanced.

Maybe I need to consult my romance guru, Burns. He is able to snow the gals, even though he is known as "stubby Burns", and seems decidedly unashamed about it. The man is a mighty force of self assuredness!!

Lol, that reminds me of the winter I had to put anti freeze in the toilet to keep it from busting. The cat door was in the bathroom window, and I had to replace one toilet when the temps dropped way down. Had a heater in there, and a wad in the cat hole, but they had a way of bulling through, and I could never train them to replace it. Here's a hint, always flush the anti freeze before you do something that would cause a splash, lol. The cat hole was in there because that summer a hurricane come up and threw some tin off the shed roof through the bathroom window. The cats took one look, and said, "hey, let the good times roll", lol. I replaced the muntins, and glass, except down at the corner.

Now the cat door is in the kitchen window. Makes it easier for the possums, and racoons to come in to feed on the dry cat food

Funny how the dogs use the flap/dog door, no problem, but those picky cats insist on unfettered access. T

This conversation gave me the giggles. All of the cats I have had in this lifetime, have done (often) everything you and jburns have described :lol: I came home one day from school with my grandma walking down the hall, holding a shotgun yelling for me to hurry up and kill it :lol: My cat had brought home a snake and she was deathly afraid of snakes. I put the gun in my room, went outside, got two sticks and set the snake free. Tony....it was definitely her :hug:

On another note, I just got a PM from admin saying my promotion has expired and now I'm being demoted, what ever that means. :( I guess I shouldn't be sad though. I guess if I never knew I got promoted, I shouldn't be discouraged that I'm being demoted. :o

This has been fixed and you were certainly not demoted ;)

That's because I know the difference between length and width.

:lol:

I'm certainly glad to see you posting :D Your thoughts are always appreciated here :hug:

I think a year ago you could donate like $10 to become a member...then they had another membership drive which I missed and they sent that message out...then I think they fixed it again?

"First, you were like, 'whoa'! And then we were like, 'whoa'! And then you were like...'whoa'".

I think if this system or the next becomes a threat BrierCreekWx should have the honor of opening the new thread....He brings the JuJu...

This is great news! Unfortunately there are those posters that just like to cause trouble. Especially ones like that clown snow86. I've never seen him around the forums and he had a very low post count. That tells me he was just trolling and it didn't matter to him if he was banned or not. Please don't take that stuff personal and know that most here enjoy your thoughts and look forward to your opinions during future events. Especially me since you're in my area! :thumbsup:

Here now! I have a low post count and I'm not a troll! Orc maybe...but definitely not a troll! :lmao:

NWS calling for a high of 32 tomorrow IMBY with winds of 20 to 25 and gusts up to 35! As a land surveyor who is accustom to working outside, I always love a day when the wind gust speed exceeds the high temp for the day! I may have to call in OLD tomorrow!

Thanks to everyone for their insight, especially the Red Taggers! I lurk a lot and have learned over the years to take the model madness with a grain of salt until we're close in. That said I'm ready for a good snow in NE TN! And before I head back to lurkdom, hope y'all have a Merry Christmas!

It is kind of sad that some dude is anonomously running around here attacking people and is claiming to be a met...but to each his own. Wonder if it would be the same from him if his name were known. At any rate, glad to see you are sticking around.

uN5u2.png

WOW! Now that is more like it. Not saying it's going to happen, but I think we are taking steps in the right direction. We are seeing how active and unstable this current pattern is with the severe weather in the southeast today and blizzard warnings for the mountains. I think this pattern is setting us up for some good snow here sometime after Christmas and in January. The system today is what opens the door for everything to happen.

I remember when that handle came in around January or February of this year and incited a furious flurry of conflict. It amounts to nothing more than someone angry about having a tiny piano and too much time to think about it.

Good riddance.

Hey dsaur...Just curious where you're from. I see 40 miles south of Atl and wanted to know the name of the town. When I was growing up I spent my summers at my grandmothers house in Milner which is about 50 miles south of Atl. It is between Barnesville and Griffin. I love that area and everytime I go back there it brings back great memories.

Hey, man! I'm just inside the Spalding county line nw of Griffin! Kind of between SunnySide and Experiment. Sorry you got stuck down here in summer, unless you love the heat and humidity, lol. Winter's better!! In 73 when the Macon cannon ball came through, I think Milner got a few inches, or more. Orchard Hill, just up the road got an inch from that one. Griffin, got what Atl. got...deep despair :) Summer weather down here is far more fearce than I saw in midtown Atl. I've been way closer to tornadoes, for one thing, except for the Governor's tornado in Atl. that went down not too far away from where I was in Buckhead, and while I slept through a tree taking out the bedroom across the hall, lol. Ah,, the 70's!! To wake up and see sky though the other bedroom roof, lol. And oak limbs caressing the dayglo painted walls.

Yep, it is cool down here, but it sure has grown since I came down from Atlanta in the early 80's. Milner too, if you haven't been in a while. And I've seen way too much drought down here. The one in the mid to late 80's was the worse yet. The reservour was down to a few inches, and that was Griffin's drinking source. They pumped water in from the Flint, to bump up the lake, when they could, but then the Flint was way down too. Maybe you were summering here then?

Yep, winter is far better down here than summer :) I've actually seen deeper snow, some great sleet storms, and half as bad a zmonster (and that's saying something) down here as I did in Atlanta, where I was born, and lived until I came down here. And there is no rat race down here, though Atlanta is trying hard to get us in it's clutches...and mostly suceeding.

Michelle, you sweetie...naw, it was me, lol. After 10 years we'd pretty much done it, and both had a hankering to be alone again, though I'm totally amazed how cats can nag with the best of them, so some change is still the same change, lol. Just kidding... women don't nag anyway...they just earnestly suggest slight modifications in male behaviour, well deserved, and sometimes for our own good, lol.. A civilizing refinement, if you will, applied to the kicking and screaming :) Sometimes it takes, sometimes, well...... T

"On another note, I just got a PM from admin saying my promotion has expired and now I'm being demoted, what ever that means. :( I guess I shouldn't be sad though. I guess if I never knew I got promoted, I shouldn't be discouraged that I'm being demoted. :o"

CR, I expect it is like in sports....when the manager says you are doing a fine job and he supports you 100%, you know you are out. When he give you s^^t, and says your demoted, you are in fine shape! As long as you didn't get more money you didn't see, before you get less money, while getting the same money...well, hey, you're good to go :) T

Archived