BlueSkyGA
    Newest Member
    BlueSkyGA
December Banter

WilkesboroDude

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You don't know my cats. They hunt in a pack. Moles, mice, rats, rabbits, squirrels and one possum. I admit, the possum was a surprise and based on the wounds put up quite a fight.. A "glow mole" wouldn't faze them. :yikes:

Ok, I can up you on this. My cats bring in snakes, and leave them at the side of the bed, so when I get up and put my feet down, there often is a live snake curled up there. All year round too. They root around in the deep leaf litter and pull them up in the dead of winter. I am so hoping for a bitter winter, just to chase them deeper.

But top this..... One of my late cats used to delight is eating some rabbit. One morning I woke up to a huge, severed rabbit head on the pillow inches from my face, staring at me with those unmistakable severed head rabbit eyes. Cats are always entertaining, lol. Tony

Ok, I can up you on this. My cats bring in snakes, and leave them at the side of the bed, so when I get up and put my feet down, there often is a live snake curled up there. All year round too. They root around in the deep leaf litter and pull them up in the dead of winter. I am so hoping for a bitter winter, just to chase them deeper.

But top this..... One of my late cats used to delight is eating some rabbit. One morning I woke up to a huge, severed rabbit head on the pillow inches from my face, staring at me with those unmistakable severed head rabbit eyes. Cats are always entertaining, lol. Tony

LOL...just so long as there are not any rattlers of copperheads nearby....My cat left a severed bunny head on the door step last year...my kids were very traumatized!

It had to be fake. The eagle carefully grabs the baby by the neck of it's shirt instead of that available baby head? No way. They grab what's easy. The talons would have speared that kid right into it's brain, and killed it on impact. T

Yeah. Any youtube video like that where the action happens off in the distance is almost always fake. Really easy to make good edits these days - I'd imagine the swapped the kid with a dummy and then had a trained bird come grab it.

Yeah. Any youtube video like that where the action happens off in the distance is almost always fake. Really easy to make good edits these days - I'd imagine the swapped the kid with a dummy and then had a trained bird come grab it.

Also suspect is the lack of yelling and screaming which would be normal in that situation. My initial guess was some marketing firm/graphics studio is behind this.

Glad to be seeing things like this from mets in the December forecast thread. Makes me feel something good is coming our way.

IF the Euro is even close to correct, with the Arctic blocking, trough over the Aleutians, and a split flow look, then WATCH OUT BELOW. The start of January could be a lot of fun for winter lovers. It seems it has been a long time coming but my confidence is growing with each model run!

Great post by ORH in the New England thread.

"I think my favorite is when posters complain that the snow is always 7-10 days away on the models...how the models are garbage...don't trust them, etc....then they make 4 posts about how the GFS at 288 hours out has 3 cutters in a row which means we are finished until January"

lol I forgot snakes, I get those too. All creatures are delivered to my back sliding glass door with a great deal of meowing and consumed only after being viewed by a family member.

lol I forgot snakes, I get those too. All creatures are delivered to my back sliding glass door with a great deal of meowing and consumed only after being viewed by a family member.

Our old Siamese cat(gone to kitty heaven), who was declawed, caught an adult rabbit and brought it home, still alive, but in shock. We were able to rescue it.....that time. About six months later, we were hanging around on the deck, and noticed a bunny nibbling the lawn near the woodline. We pointed it out to our three year old granddaughter, Maddy, so she could witness some of nature's wonder. In seconds, our spaniel also noticed the bunny, dashed over and, well, let's just say little Maddy saw too much of nature's wonders that day.

:facepalm:

For some reason, reading that made me imagine your life to be similar to:

old-walt-at-bar-600x448.jpg

Those would be some outside-staying cats quick, real fast, and in a hurry. Unless of course you're sleeping outside, in which case, carry on. :)

Lol what threat is it. You know its bad when people are discussing the possibility of freezing drizzle in the mountains. Lol thats hilarious. Next! Bring on the supposed cold for January everyone is forecasting. Cough cough wishcasting. Then when January comes and is warm, there will be excuses that the Pacific messed everything up.

Lol what threat is it. You know its bad when people are discussing the possibility of freezing drizzle in the mountains. Lol thats hilarious. Next! Bring on the supposed cold for January everyone is forecasting. Cough cough wishcasting. Then when January comes and is warm, there will be excuses that the Pacific messed everything up.

So you think January will be warm? Just making sure I'm reading this right

Robert seems pretty confident it's much to do about nothing on the CAD talk.... And he's pretty darn good with forecasting CAD's! He says no threat of ICE whatsoever in NC,VA. of any signficance....

Well now that's discouraging, but I am not quite ready to throw in the towel completely. However, I would certainly feel a lot better if Robert was on board.

Light events should be taken seriously around Christmas travel...esp. ice....even more so in the hilly areas of the CAD. Not saying it will be light...just something of high interest.

I really don't like ice storms...so I am not wish-casting this one up. Would rather experience thunder or something.

Bevo..... I'm a bit freaked out that you could get a pic of me without my knowing :) Nice place, actually, I think I'd like living there! Gool pic :)

CR.. sadly my best part decided she'd had enough years ago. I'm still trying to figure out where I went wrong, lol. When you live by yourself you just take the rabbit head on the pillow as a matter of course....living with your best success, I guess, should require a more nuanced response. Hmmm....maybe I didn't pretend to freak out enough when the kitty presents appeared? And close the open window where the cats come and go. I mean, I love the cold and an open window, in winter, as a kitty convenience, never seemed out of the place to me. Maybe that's why you have 4 families at Xmas..you learned to be more nuanced.

Maybe I need to consult my romance guru, Burns. He is able to snow the gals, even though he is known as "stubby Burns", and seems decidedly unashamed about it. The man is a mighty force of self assuredness!!

Lol, that reminds me of the winter I had to put anti freeze in the toilet to keep it from busting. The cat door was in the bathroom window, and I had to replace one toilet when the temps dropped way down. Had a heater in there, and a wad in the cat hole, but they had a way of bulling through, and I could never train them to replace it. Here's a hint, always flush the anti freeze before you do something that would cause a splash, lol. The cat hole was in there because that summer a hurricane come up and threw some tin off the shed roof through the bathroom window. The cats took one look, and said, "hey, let the good times roll", lol. I replaced the muntins, and glass, except down at the corner.

Now the cat door is in the kitchen window. Makes it easier for the possums, and racoons to come in to feed on the dry cat food :)

Funny how the dogs use the flap/dog door, no problem, but those picky cats insist on unfettered access. T

LOL...just so long as there are not any rattlers of copperheads nearby....My cat left a severed bunny head on the door step last year...my kids were very traumatized!

Bob, what's with cats and bunny heads? Long as I live I'll never figure out cats completely, except that I think they thoroughly enjoy the looks on our faces, lol.

No, fortunately for them, and me, they seem to prefer garter snakes. Tony

:)

For the love of god please

From...

NWS Des Moines, IA

Tonight Snow with widespread blowing snow. The snow could be heavy at times. Low around 23. Windy, with a east northeast wind 17 to 22 mph becoming north northwest 26 to 31 mph after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 46 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Total nighttime snow accumulation of 9 to 13 inches possible.

Archived