The trolls with their talk began to stumble and stammer

As all hope was lost the snow began

Radar was back filling and going to plan

Pictures were taken and shared in many a thread

"Your wife will be happy with four inches" jburns said

The mood had reversed and all were excited

Even the naysayers didn't feel slighted

As the snow ended, it was such a sight

Happy snowstorm to all, and to all a good night.

:lol:

The fact that you called it simplistic,

has virtually sent me ballistic.

The next time you type such ignorant tripe,

you'll be speaking to us through a mystic.

:lol:

Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't see how the EURO offers much, if any, hope for winter weather lovers in central NC during the next 10 days.

Given the high heights...it certainly cannot snow verbatim with this look and I have serious reservations about any ice. But that's just my opinion of the EURO verbatim...however I do recognize the CAD potential...but those heights need to come way down.

12zeuro500mbHGHTNA216.gif

Please.. This year.. Can I use the below to describe my conditions outside IMBY.... For the love of the EURO please..

Snow Banding

• Oftentimes in NC snowstorms, the upper-level features become favorable for mesoscale banding of precipitation. When this occurs, bands of slow moving, heavy snow set up which can result in highly variable snowfall amounts across a small area. Although forecasters can usually identify when conditions are favorable for snow banding, it is very difficult to pinpoint where they will occur until the event is underway.

</p>

Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't see how the EURO offers much, if any, hope for winter weather lovers in central NC during the next 10 days.

Given the high heights...it certainly cannot snow verbatim with this look and I have serious reservations about any ice. But that's just my opinion of the EURO verbatim...however I do recognize the CAD potential...but those heights need to come way down.

12zeuro500mbHGHTNA216.gif

Yeah, I'm not seeing it for the Piedmont areas. Mountains/Foothills could be frozen to rain. But the HP is too far away and the LP looks to go too far west for a classic winter storm Miller B.

Yeah, I'm not seeing it for the Piedmont areas. Mountains/Foothills could be frozen to rain. But the HP is too far away and the LP looks to go too far west for a classic winter storm Miller B.

Yeah, for central NC we need the HP over the lakes, not 300 miles NW of the lakes.

12zeuro850mbTSLPUS240.gif

Yeah, for central NC we need the HP over the lakes, not 300 miles NW of the lakes.

12zeuro850mbTSLPUS240.gif

Yep, exactly. When I see HP setting up shop over the Lakes or in the northeast (and within a reasonable time frame), that's I'll get pumped about things. That 240 image is interesting. Looks cold, but it also looks weird and is unlikely to verify.

Sounds like some folks are grasping at straws for anything this month. The pattern might have changed, but that doesn't mean we're going to get snow or ice out of it here. Maybe we can have everything come together just right for a big storm down the road. But right now I don't expect this pattern to bring us much of anything but cold rain here.

Sounds like some folks are grasping at straws for anything this month. The pattern might have changed, but that doesn't mean we're going to get snow or ice out of it here. Maybe we can have everything come together just right for a big storm down the road. But right now I don't expect this pattern to bring us much of anything but cold rain here.

Are you leaving mild rain off the table?

This long range snow maps thread is severely lacking in long range snow maps. We may be drawing our own by the middle of January if this keeps up.

There is stuff advertised. Figure I would let some time pass because the models keep changing. 12z GFS brought snow to Texas for the Dec. 26th storm...didn't have that in prior runs. And its always spitting out 1 in or less than 1 in near NC on the twister maps...more than once actually. Verbatim, that may not be the case...ice or rain going after cold not depicted etc...

The forecast thread has went to ××it! Now we got forecasters on the banter thread telling us it ain't gonna snow!! This board isn't like it used to be...no fun but plenty of pessimism. I for one say we are long over due for a significant winter weather CAD event but dare say they are a rarity in DECEMBER. Its still early folks...anything before January would be a bonus outside the mountains of NC.

Merry Christmas to all!

The forecast thread has went to ××it! Now we got forecasters on the banter thread telling us it ain't gonna snow!! This board isn't like it used to be...no fun but plenty of pessimism. I for one say we are long over due for a significant winter weather CAD event but dare say they are a rarity in DECEMBER. Its still early folks...anything before January would be a bonus outside the mountains of NC.

Merry Christmas to all!

I agree it looked more like a damn political argument in their with each side drawing a line in the sand. I especially love that if the GFS was showing what the Euro was and Euro was showing what the GFS was people would be talking about how the Euro was king and the GFS should never be trusted. Nothing wrong with giving two cents it's just baffles me when you have multiple mets not making any type of forecast just saying the setup COULD be good...then hobbyist jumping in basically telling them their full of it. On the other end you have the overly optimistic trying to fight back and being even more absurd. That was a tough thread to catch up on today, glad I missed most of it.

Merry Christmas to all!

Precisely why my post count does not sky rocket - I can't tolerate much of that.

Archived