Total Members
    Most Online
    BlueSkyGA
    Newest Member
    BlueSkyGA
December Banter

WilkesboroDude

+1

Watching the news all night. Looking at the weather to try and escape. As a parent I can't imagine dealing with what those who lost loved ones will have to endure.

Same hear. Having a four month old and an almost 4 year old just watching it tears me up inside. Tears come to my eyes just thinking about someone hurting a child.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think I want to move to the Amarillo, Texas area...they get snow, walls of dust and tornadoes.

US National Weather Service Amarillo Texas

4 hours ago

This was the first known tornado on record to occur in the Amarillo forecast area in December. It occurred about 3 miles northeast of Washburn, TX around 4:17 PM this afternoon. Thanks to BJ Shipp for the image.

481729_531780710167165_397761727_n.png

Here was the wall of dust and heavy rain, just before it reached our office out by the airport.

205128_531739226837980_1168113453_n.jpg

wow....

Impressive...I'm eager to go ahead and get into this colder pattern and ready to watch for storms to pop up in the modeling. Hopefully this means with any storm later on we won't have to worry about if it will be cold enough and instead focus on the track. I'm ready. :sled::snowing::weenie:

Interesting differences on the CFSv2. On the CPC site it looks like this below, which would suck. On the SV site the January T2m/500mbH look great for January. You can say what you want about the CFSv2, it did nail the ENSO dropping below 0 in mid-December, which nobody believed, everyone thought we would be at a neutral/positive and now we are at a neutral/negative.

CFSv2.NaT2mProb.20121215.201301.gif

Interesting differences on the CFSv2. On the CPC site it looks like this below, which would suck. On the SV site the January T2m/500mbH look great for January. You can say what you want about the CFSv2, it did nail the ENSO dropping below 0 in mid-December, which nobody believed, everyone thought we would be at a neutral/positive and now we are at a neutral/negative.

CFSv2.NaT2mProb.20121215.201301.gif

Hey bud, why would the same output look different from two different sources?

Have you ever been there? Weather could be one of the ONLY sources of entertainment.

Amarillo's got 190,000 people so it's not exactly a big city, but it's not exactly small either...

Gotta love this video related to Amarillo though:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVcKZIIxopo

If you want colder weather and drier air an want to be in the general area, you might as well live in Alamosa, CO. Average highs right now are about 45, lows around 0.

yes everyone the storm is eight+ days out, but that does not mean we can't begin to see trends and begin to hypothesize what will happen. Remember sandy was forecasted way out in advance and did what the ECMWF said it would do. Not saying that the solution will 100% play out, just saying there is a chance it might. Models are getting better and better at forecasting long range scenarios nowadays.

Another brutal week coming up...of watching the long term.

I don't like to get excited when its far out and changes every run lol. I also like to root for coastal areas seeing the greatest snow or unusual places. If my backyard sees something then I consider that a bonus. I was excited with the winter storm that happened in the NE the week after sandy. Rare kind of snowstorm for the time of the year.

1 awesome winter, and then a 2nd in progress.(60 inches of snow in a winter and a half) We had snow on our road for week, with no sign of them scraping.. and no sign of it melting. So,. I bought those freaking snow tires. The melt was soon after, and I don't think I have seen more than a few inches of snow(and that's no doubt an embellishment) total since then.

I killed winter, just because I wasn't willing to take my life into my own hands and go spinning and sliding within an inch of my life up and down my hill.

It was me(and those freaking snow tires). Winter is dead... and it's all my fault. :cry:

1 awesome winter, and then a 2nd in progress.(60 inches of snow in a winter and a half) We had snow on our road for week, with no sign of them scraping.. and no sign of it melting. So,. I bought those freaking snow tires. The melt was soon after, and I don't think I have seen more than a few inches of snow(and that's no doubt an embellishment) total since then.

I killed winter, just because I wasn't willing to take my life into my own hands and go spinning and sliding within an inch of my life up and down my hill.

It was me(and those freaking snow tires). Winter is dead... and it's all my fault. :cry:

Thats it!.....you are are my new scapegoat for all this crappy winter weather Jason. :frostymelt:

Archived