• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    BlueSkyGA
    Newest Member
    BlueSkyGA
December Banter

WilkesboroDude

I know. Just saying it would be a waste if it doesn't snow, and if it isn't going to snow, I'd rather just stay warm. But it looks like the system the middle of next week could open up something good for around here.

Brick, you sound like a broken record. We are all fully aware of your opinion on cold without snow.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

a4x8nn.jpg

Yeah, well I'm still punting December at this point. This whole storm for next week thing just isn't going to happen I don't think. Even if the 12z Euro comes true and bombs, it's still cold rain for most; and don't get me started on "backside" snow....

One opportunity I'm pondering is the last week of the month, as it seems like the GFS has a nice setup. But it's not really supported on the EURO as I understand, however EURO has been going the way of the GFS lately so I'm open to considering a POSSIBLE storm the end of the month. To me though I still define myself as punting December. I do like those Willy Wonka gifs though.

What are you talking about??

The system coming in the middle of next week could be the starting point for more to follow. It might not bring snow here, but it looks like there is another system coming behind it. Just good to see the pattern become more active and giving us more chances of getting some snow here. It's a good trend.

I will go on record saying I freaking Love snow.

But I also love cold weather. Yes, I would prefer to have both. But I can stand the cold without snow.

As a runner, I freaking hate the summer time (only when having to run when it is 80+). I look forward to sub 30 degree mornings!!!

I love how some people on here "love" snow but don't want it to be cold unless we have snow to go along with it. :poster_stupid:

Gots to have cold to get snow, give me cold first and I'll take my chances with any storm throwing precip on top of it.

I will go on record saying I freaking Love snow.

But I also love cold weather. Yes, I would prefer to have both. But I can stand the cold without snow.

As a runner, I freaking hate the summer time (only when having to run when it is 80+). I look forward to sub 30 degree mornings!!!

Totally agree 100% :snowwindow:

The system coming in the middle of next week could be the starting point for more to follow. It might not bring snow here, but it looks like there is another system coming behind it. Just good to see the pattern become more active and giving us more chances of getting some snow here. It's a good trend.

I gotcha. I was just confused because you have historically and recently stated that you really are not interested in pattern analysis, data study, or forecast model evaluation and that you only care about whether or not a system is going to bring you snow. So...using that as a baseline, I constructed an incorrect supposition that you had concluded that the system was trending more favorably for snow in your back yard (when in fact, it was not), rather than the correct view that instead, in this case, you were analyzing this storm's effect on the overall evolution of the pattern and concluding that a more favorable pattern was setting up. In essence, you were analyzing instead of snapshooting.

Makes more sense now that you explained it. I gotcha, Mr. Tamland.

A little post Christmas snow? lol

Monday

12/24 02.gif

Mostly sunny

43° F

39° F

NW-6(G19)

T-Storms 0%

Precip / Rain

Snow / Ice

Rain: 0.00 in

Snow: 0.0 in

Normals & Records

Hour by Hour

More Details

Monday

Night 34.gif

Mainly clear

25° F

22° F

NNW-4(G13)

T-Storms 0%

Precip / Rain

Snow / Ice

Normals & Records

Hour by Hour

More Details

Tuesday

12/25 06.gif

Increasing cloudiness

45° F

44° F

N-4(G16)

T-Storms 0%

Precip / Rain

Snow / Ice

Normals & Records

Hour by Hour

More Details

Tuesday

Night 07.gif

Cloudy

29° F

31° F

NNE-3(G10)

T-Storms 0%

Precip / Rain

Snow / Ice

Normals & Records

Hour by Hour

More Details

Wednesday

12/26 22.gif

Colder with snow

34° F

40° F

NNE-1(G8)

T-Storms 0%

Precip / Rain

Snow / Ice

Snow: 0.5 in

Normals & Records

Hour by Hour

More Details

Wednesday

Night 07.gif

Cloudy and colder

15° F

16° F

NNE-3(G9)

T-Storms 24%

Precip / Rain

Snow / Ice

Normals & Records

Hour by Hour

More Details

HAH! Well I wouldn't get your measuring sticks out just yet. The GFS did show a nice pattern from day 10/11-15, but what happens after day 15? The NAO/AO seem to be headed towards neutral....

post-2311-0-95722800-1355350652_thumb.pn

post-2311-0-09842800-1355350662_thumb.pn

Its a reload.....I dont see it as anything more, both should probably rise to neutral or slightly above for a few days before going back negative again.....

I gotcha. I was just confused because you have historically and recently stated that you really are not interested in pattern analysis, data study, or forecast model evaluation and that you only care about whether or not a system is going to bring you snow. So...using that as a baseline, I constructed an incorrect supposition that you had concluded that the system was trending more favorably for snow in your back yard (when in fact, it was not), rather than the correct view that instead, in this case, you were analyzing this storm's effect on the overall evolution of the pattern and concluding that a more favorable pattern was setting up. In essence, you were analyzing instead of snapshooting.

Wha?.....Oh yeah.....no..wait......wha?

and don't get me started on "backside" snow....

At this latitude synoptic snow is almost always on the "backside" of a low pressure system. I never really understood the people that say..."ahh its just some backside snow" whats even better is the people that say "its just some wrap around precip"..lol Its like they dont understand the flow around a low pressure system or something.

:lmao: I'm trying a new approach...to confuse Brick into submission. And that, my friend, is no Bollocks! :D

No bollocks indeed.

It does get old to hear the nutter talk about only being interested in snow and "wasting cold air". I'd gladly stand out in it and freeze my jacobs off if it meant less pollen and mosquitoes in the spring and summer. But, whatever...

No bollocks indeed.

It does get old to hear the nutter talk about only being interested in snow and "wasting cold air". I'd gladly stand out in it and freeze my jacobs off if it meant less pollen and mosquitoes in the spring and summer. But, whatever...

Nice if it would work, but it doesn't. Tree pollen is lessoned by a mild winter followed by a late hard freeze that nips the early opening buds. Mosquitoes do fine in Maine, so a southern winter of any type isn't going to phase them. Drought is the best remedy, as it severely limits the standing water where mosquitoes lay their eggs..

:lol:

That's what we are missing.......the bouncing blue turd. I haven't seen that thing bounce in two years. Help us out lilj4425.

:yikes::lol:

If drought is best remedy for mosquitos,they should just about be extinct in Georgia and the Carolinas after the past few years!

Nice if it would work, but it doesn't. Tree pollen is lessoned by a mild winter followed by a late hard freeze that nips the early opening buds. Mosquitoes do fine in Maine, so a southern winter of any type isn't going to phase them. Drought is the best remedy, as it severely limits the standing water where mosquitoes lay their eggs..

Archived