Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
January 2013 Obs

WilkesboroDude

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like Beech Mountain was the winner with 6 inches. That pushes the season total to over 30 for Beech

http://www.srh.noaa....p?pil=GSPRTPGSP

That's awesome. Some really good totals out there. I'm not sure what High Knob's total for the storm was. I know they had 3 inches as of 9am yesterday. They had 31.5 inches on the season prior to this storm. Hightown in Highland County Va had 6 inches with this storm as well.

VIRGINIA

...HIGHLAND COUNTY...

3 W HIGHTOWN 6.0 630 PM 12/21 TRAINED SPOTTER

:sled::snowing:

And it looks like some of these same areas could be adding to their totals this week!!

Hey guys! Missed ya'll... It was 21 this morning at 7 a.m. here in the northwest Rutherford mountains. Had flurries all day on Friday. Drove up to Sugar Mountain yesterday. Lots of snow there, natural and otherwise. Check out my blog for pics. Glad to be back.

I've been wondering where you have been :hug:

It was 26 crisp degrees this morning. Perfect Christmas weather ^_^

Shawn posted this in the main storm thread. Just wanted to share because SimuAWIPS is a great site!!

GR3 is wonderful. You can use it free for the event if you've never installed it. GR2AE is great to see storm structure also. I aslo recommend a free website called simuawips (google it) it's a web based version of AWIPS that NOAA uses but with far less features currently; that you may like better than Radarscope.

Incredibly foggy out by Kennesaw Mountain! Visibility of no more than 50 yards.

Yeah, I'm socked in here too! Ended up with .9 today, and it was great, at dusk, watching the fog rising out of the woods. Now, it's getting pretty dense, great looks to all the lights around. I'm looking forward to looking at my blinky lights strung up on the pole barn, from off up the yard aways. Fog is cool....as long as you aren't driving, lol. T

Archived