Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
Looking towards the beginning of December

CoastalWx

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Models kind of vary for you. It may take until mid morning, but I could see some light stuff there near 7-8am. Models are kind of dry for GC so don't be shocked if you barely get a dusting.

These things are weird because sometimes you have weird patches of precip that blossom and develop in various areas. Sometimes you luck out and do a little better than expected, sometimes you are on the outside looking in. The euro being very dry is sort of concerning.

I won't be shocked--it's been the November of misses. At least November has set an exceptionally low bar for December to beat. A good dusting would trounce the multitude of traces I've had over the last 10 days.

I think they have. I found out while I had a RASN mix, they had 2". Amazing what 635' can do.

You know you are from SE Mass when you call it Big Blue...

And here is the culprit for Monday:

MONDAY-TUESDAY...

HIGH PRESSURE TO OUR SOUTH EXTENDS OVER NEW ENGLAND. LIGHT FLOW

MONDAY BECOMING SOUTH TO SOUTHWEST TUESDAY. LITTLE COOLING IN

AIRMASS TEMPS MONDAY...AND THEN TEMPS ALOFT WARM 2-3C FOR TUESDAY.

EXPECT FAIR DRY WEATHER WITH SOME HIGH CLOUDS TUESDAY. TEMPS ALOFT

EQUIVILENT TO -5C ON MONDAY AND -2C TUESDAY...WHICH TRANSLATES TO

MAX TEMPS AROUND 50F MONDAY AND 55-60F TUESDAY.

If what happened here is any indication of the outcome in New England, the snow totals overperformed a bit, I ended up measuring nearly 1" in Albany although I think that most likely has to do with higher ratios with temps near 21-22 degrees throughout the event. My badly timed move from NJ to Albany this fall meant I haven't seen over 0.2" of snow since January.

0z ECM looks nice but it's the fantasy range, same goes for the CMC which also has a central New England snowstorm. I'm not too familiar with the interior NE climate yet so I don't know how the NE usually does in this type of pattern regarding snowstorms, but I would think that if there is actually any snow potential in this time frame, it could be perhaps somewhere around the NE or northern Mid Atlantic but not too far north or south with the overall progressive pattern and lack of significant amplification.

Well, the ground is white at last. Looks like I picked up a little less than .5". Not sure if I'll get much more than that, but in this season od dry-begets-dry, it's enough to give me a smile.

Big leap on the DP overnight--2118, Temp up 1* above the overnight low now..

Looking ahead to the torch--a couple thoughts. It ain't gonna hurt anyones snow pack. Current forecast has one day (Tuesday) in the 50's and one (Monday) in the upper 40's. Other than that, it's meh. I can deal with low 40's. They suck, but most things over 32* do. :) Looks like I'll have similar--with perhaps a few degree tacked on--for my week in IA.

On my way to Mt Chocorua ... light snow falling but only wispy roadway snowsnakes for accums so far. GYX has posted WWAs.

Congrats. Enjoy Chocorua.

An expansion of light snow has started lighting up on radar. Pretty much looks to come across Mass to central VT. Flakes have recommenced here.

On another topic--it's amazing how much wood I'm going through with the two stoves going 24/7. Glad I had split as much as I did, though I'm thinking I might have benefited from the truckload I gave a neighbor. It'll stink if I have to dip into my supply for next winter. Should the snow break today, I may work on the winter 2014-15 supply. I had really put that off......

Archived