Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
Looking towards the beginning of December

CoastalWx

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah I hear you.. I remember one year in the 90's it was 70+ and i was wearing shorts cutting down the tree..It was the worst Christmas I ever had

The day before you showed off Mt Tolland like a proud Papa in Dec 6 2009, that storm before was a RASN mix for a while. It started to flip to snow and I made my wife go out and get a tree. I didn't care if she was soaked, it had to be done.

We're tracking Santa in Tolland tonite. He's making the visit the next few weeknds to all the hoods in town. with the fire trucks all decked out ripping Christmas beats from the Ladder truck.

He comes here tonite.

Track him here

The Tolland Fire Department Inc., Tolland, Connecticut, USA

The annual Tolland Santa Tour is here! TRACK SANTA as he and the Tolland Fire Department travel the streets of town spreading joy and collecting toys for kids in-need.

www.tollandfire.org - Cached

I took my son to see the Tolland FD's christams light truck last year with the light's synchronized to music, it was really cool.

If you are having trouble rolling cookie dough, you should refrigerate it and the dough should be cold. Try using wax paper, not parchment paper for more non-stick control. I place the dough between two sheets of wax paper and drape it partly over my counter and grip the paper by appling pressure from my waist against the paper/counter so the paper does not slip and roll the dough away from me. I am the baker in the house with about 20 years of cookie experience.

Do you have one of those old fashioned machines? We had one as a kid. Weighed about 50 lbs. Homemade pasta is the best

It was a wedding gift. I just had to keep adding more flour. I thought it was too much, but it came out great. I like to cook a little so I panicked when it started sticking and not cutting the way I wanted it to.

NYC on Sunday. Probably will see the tree at some point. I try to avoid that whole area around Christmas time to be honest unless I have to go into 30 Rock for work lol.

Right on...we are catching the 915, perfect weather and a total blast might have to hit Mc Sourleys

It was a wedding gift. I just had to keep adding more flour. I thought it was too much, but it came out great. I like to cook a little so I panicked when it started sticking and not cutting the way I wanted it to.

I've always wanted to try that. Never have. I don't mind cooking but baking is something I've never tried. I thought it would be easy but wasn't expecting things to stick etc. lol

I bet my mom still has her machine, but she never uses it (probably not in 30 years or so).

Anyway, the temps are not plummeting due to clouds.

25.4/4

I've always wanted to try that. Never have. I don't mind cooking but baking is something I've never tried. I thought it would be easy but wasn't expecting things to stick etc. lol

I love fresh pasta. Even that stuff you can by at the store...you know, that soft package kind is good. I only made it once though.

Scott--what's your take on starting up here? I imagine the dry air will eat a lot of what might try to fall. Just the same, hope to wake to a little more than weenie flakes.

Models kind of vary for you. It may take until mid morning, but I could see some light stuff there near 7-8am. Models are kind of dry for GC so don't be shocked if you barely get a dusting.

These things are weird because sometimes you have weird patches of precip that blossom and develop in various areas. Sometimes you luck out and do a little better than expected, sometimes you are on the outside looking in. The euro being very dry is sort of concerning.

Archived