Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
Looking towards the beginning of December

CoastalWx

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

PF and many NNE'rs posts here often, no SNE title in this thread and many of us are skiers and do care. Perhaps there should be a SWCT thread as you guys are to the rest of us as we are to NNE.

:lmao:

-

really dude-put down the bong-SW CT is an hour plus from you-NNE is 5-6 hrs. The equivalent distances south is Baltimore, west, Binghampton...don't see too many here caring what goes on there...pattern is clearly getting to you....

This is where the disco begins as far as what NJwinter23 is referring to.

http://www.americanw...ost__p__1777367

http://www.americanw...85#entry1127279

Ah thanks for turning that up, and as you can see from the 70 mb map, there isnt nearly a statistically significant correlation to greenland or anywhere outside of Eurasia...20 mb is debatable and hits on that point i was trying to make in prior posts.

Tomorrow may be an interesting day near and north of the Pike, especially the typical east slope areas. Might be one of those days where very light snow turns into -FZRA or something like that. Sometimes those very light icing events are horrible on the roads.

It looks like the snow growth saturation should linger at least until later in the day, when things might transition to more of a FZDZ kind of thing.

It looks like the snow growth saturation should linger at least until later in the day, when things might transition to more of a FZDZ kind of thing.

That would probably be better. Just kind of has the look of a tough forecast for the interior. I think temps will stay pretty chilly there.

I wonder what the Jan 1977 event did for the MA? That was a HUGE event for Boston and surrounding areas. It was a wave of lp that never got below 1000 or 998mb ...somewhere in there, but it came up with GIANT PWAT hoist from the deep SE and lapped it over marginal airmass and sufficient UVM to tap into quite the polarward displaced theta-e anomaly.

Man did it snow and snow hard. It wasn't exactly calm, either. There was +PP NW of Maine to some degree - though no where near the extreme of 2 weeks later on Feb 6, but some nonetheless. Blowing and drifting took place to some degree with S+ and S++ through the city of Boston and surround burbs. I wonder if it thundered in that? Hm.. anyway, that system is so eclipsed by the Cleveland Super Bomb of Jan 25-28th, and then the infamous February 5-7th event, that it is easily forgotten, but that system set a 24-hour snow total record at Logan, which was interestingly broken 2 weeks later by the Feb 5-7th event.

I've seen video of that Jan 1977 preceding event though and that was dramatic near white-out conditions. But again I'm not sure what that did around your neck of the woods... my guess would be a lot of cold rain, but maybe Will would know.

im pretty sure you are talking about 1978

I hope it does, as I'll be making the trek into Boston for a concert and don't need to be sliding around the highway.

Well if the highway dept does on the roads there like the DPW did here last night you should be fine, I think they used all the surplus salt from last year on the roads as they are completely white from salt residue

Archived