Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
Looking towards the beginning of December

CoastalWx

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i don't know how long it will stick but the first period of time that looks better does seem to be in the 10-12th to the 16th or so...basically the 2nd half of the ensembles. looks like some ridging gets going out west for a time.

I wish the end of the EC ensembles would ease of the mega -pna because I'm not sure how cooperative the Atlantic will be. However, the EC didn't really pull the 00z genocide like it's done previously. We still sort of ride the line.

This may be a weenie comment, but we finally have those EP fluxes pointing towards the Poles, meaning a better chance for tropospheric disturbances to perturb the strato vortex. We'll have to see if it lasts.

I wish the end of the EC ensembles would ease of the mega -pna because I'm not sure how cooperative the Atlantic will be. However, the EC didn't really pull the 00z genocide like it's done previously. We still sort of ride the line.

This may be a weenie comment, but we finally have those EP fluxes pointing towards the Poles, meaning a better chance for tropospheric disturbances to perturb the strato vortex. We'll have to see if it lasts.

i take it they don't hold onto the rising heights along and off the west coast they show toward the day 10 period. the ggem ens and 6z ens looked decent toward day 10 onward but i would obviously rather hear that the euro ens looked good. lol.

Enjoy the soft melodic voice of John Mayer blasting through the speakers of the Dodge Ram as you coast up and down the scenic CT hills for work. Throw that malnourished arm out the window and let it flap in the breeze.

if he's lucky, on tuesday when he gets into his truck during midday he might even need the a/c for a minute to cool off the interior of the cab. then he can put the windows down and stick his head outside and drive around like a dog....just sucking in all the warm, spring-smelling air.

if he's lucky, on tuesday when he gets into his truck during midday he might even need the a/c for a minute to cool off the interior of the cab. then he can put the windows down and stick his head outside and drive around like a dog....just sucking in all the warm, spring-smelling air.

What would I get in the truck at midday for?

i take it they don't hold onto the rising heights along and off the west coast they show toward the day 10 period. the ggem ens and 6z ens looked decent toward day 10 onward but i would obviously rather hear that the euro ens looked good. lol.

It becomes a very -pna, but the vortex is in an orientation where heights don't rise much here in the east,luckily. They do slowly raise heights in western Canada at the very end. Overall I agree, it wasn't the typical 00z weenie deflator that has happened for days.

Getting back to something I mentioned days ago, you can see how the operational runs really have a good cold plunge following any storm approahing us or cutting. One of those deals where the operational runs can show you the potential magntude of a warm up or cool down when the ensemble means may be smoothed. That at least can set you up for something front end worthy when the next low approaches, and eventually spreads out and hopefully nudges the next storm further east. You could see this occurring, so lets hope the models have the right idea. Still no MJO help, which is a bummer, but it's not hurting.

Hopefully they are wrong, but the GEFS formed the core of low anomalies on the end of their run in the W AK/Bering straight region and subsequently start torching W Canada where all the frigid air has been recently. That would not bode well for us down the line later on. Euro ensembles aren't as bad as they keep hints of ridging near Kamchatka...more neutralish heights up there.

But this could be that warm period HM was alluding to around the end of December that might just be starting to show up. If it is, hopefully we cash in on the gradient-esque pattern that happens before then.

Have you ever been to the ones in Epsom, NH? That place is like Sledapalooza. Grass drags, pond races, trick jumping you name it. Then there are the vendors. Just about everything snowmobile related is for sale there. They take place in early October, unfortunately I

couldn't make it this year.

Have not been to that one but been to some local ones here

Archived