Newest Member
    Monty
Looking towards the beginning of December

CoastalWx

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the euro is still dry fri/sat

It has some very light precip. Mostly around LI and NYC. Stormvistamaps start at .05" increments.

All the precip is <.05" for a 6 hour period.

Still very minimal, but it looks like maybe .05" to .08" of total precip for some areas.

starting to get the same feelings of last year...calls for epic cold followed by nothing but slightly above normal and dry. Mets have already busted by calling for winter to begin December 5th...well..its going to be 60 degrees on that day it appears...and then it was the 10th...and now the warmth holds on until "at least the 15th" meanwhile Alaska is cold and snowy while the CONUS bakes...same story different year. November was well below normal and we had two snow threats that did not even register a trace in Boston. :weenie::axe:

Try a couple warm one of these :weenie: :weenie: Its only november, Give it time, I don't know how many more times that mets can tell you that the upcoming pattern is nothing like last year

I haven't been following things too closely but it appeared that we had a few snow grains last night but I couldn't tell if it was just frost because that pwas really heavy this morning.

I woke up around 2am to get firewood and everything was coated with a dusting. I guess I can record my first trace of the season. lol

Ponds had a little more than a crust on them this AM. Impressive to see ponds so close to ice over this early in the season.

I was away for 10 days and it was nice to come home on Monday and see ice forming on ponds around here too. My ground temps at 4" is approaching freezing so that's a good sign too.

It was nice on my morning ride to see evergreens still have snow on them. It's starting to look a lot more like winter and with Met winter starting Saturday, that's a good thing!

Archived