Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
Looking towards the beginning of December

CoastalWx

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Will, 56.2% since 1940, 60.3% since 1950.

This is 7pm snowdepth of 1" or greater.

I'm surprised its lower than ORH, I would have figured the lake effect would make it closer to 70% or something. ORH since 1950 for 1" or greater on Christmas Day is 39/62 which is 63%. (my 64% was correct until last year's brown Christmas dropped it down a point)

Welcome to BOS and the SNE forum. Up here for school? I live in the city, but on the south side of the city in Dorchester.

Thanks! Yup I sure am, in my sophomore year at BU currently. Freshman year I was looking foward to a lot of snow, so you can imagine how bummed I was last year, lol.

Let's see---three pages of posts on Christmas specials, parenting, and now the unbearable excitement of juiced up SREF's showing the possiiblity of an inch of snow. It would appear the pattern is boring. :)

I'll take my inch though. Just like the slumping batter can break the slump with just a weak bloop single. Then, hopefully go on a tear!

Warm morning--30/23.

Anyone notice the BOX p/c forecast days are not updated? Usually they just bring you to the zfp when those aren't functioning. I suddenly had a "ground hog day" moment where I thought I was going to live Wednesday again. Which wouldn't be entirely bad since I've got a lot of stuff to get done before the end of the week.

Frost as thick as thieves this morning!

OKX going with all rain this weekend, again I am left dumbfounded that climo would win again, OKX is gung ho 53 55 55 51 starting Sunday.........going to feel like mid summer after the cold Friday.

Hopefully you ladies up north can cash in on some snow this weekend.

Overall, looks like I'll finish November at about -1.5F with 7 to maybe 8" of snow. Slightly below average, but it certainly could be a lot worse.

Hi.

Still managed to pick up another trace last night--seems like trace's 4 of the last 5 days or so. Weenie flakes now in advance of the brief cold shot.

starting to get the same feelings of last year...calls for epic cold followed by nothing but slightly above normal and dry. Mets have already busted by calling for winter to begin December 5th...well..its going to be 60 degrees on that day it appears...and then it was the 10th...and now the warmth holds on until "at least the 15th" meanwhile Alaska is cold and snowy while the CONUS bakes...same story different year. November was well below normal and we had two snow threats that did not even register a trace in Boston. :weenie::axe:

starting to get the same feelings of last year...calls for epic cold followed by nothing but slightly above normal and dry. Mets have already busted by calling for winter to begin December 5th...well..its going to be 60 degrees on that day it appears...and then it was the 10th...and now the warmth holds on until "at least the 15th" meanwhile Alaska is cold and snowy while the CONUS bakes...same story different year. November was well below normal and we had two snow threats that did not even register a trace in Boston. :weenie::axe:

When you post bullshiat, at least post correct bullshiat. Last year was slightly above normal? For where...Raleigh?

Seem to be going back and forth a bit with the amplitude/placement of the GOA trough on these runs..it was very assertive this run though.

Yeah I want to see a clear two day trend of this whole pattern progression because it's been so up and down. It gets a little better for here at the tail end.

Pull yerself together! Grab another cup o' joe, a third donut, or another slab of backstrap, and then wait until December bumps into you before calling it a bust.

Archived