BlueSkyGA
    Newest Member
    BlueSkyGA
DISCUSSION ONLY: Snow/rain/slopfest potential Tuesday 11/27/2012

famartin

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Comparing the 00z, 06z and 12z NAMs, the best UVV's definetely are trending north away from Philly metro (as they slide west to east across our subforum). Like you said, if you can't get under those for a few hours, you'll have a repeat of what we saw in early November across SE PA.

Check out the difference at 15z at 700mb Tuesday, between the 00z NAM and 12z NAM.

and once again here in NW Monmouth County we are sitting right on the rain/snow line, yet the colder air always seems to win out here in these situations. As long as the intensity of the precip picks up, we 'may' be ok here for an inch or two.

The differential cyclonic vorticity advection is stronger on the NAM but even it agrees with the less impressive globals that the max area is north. Suggesting that colder air usually wins in these situations is based on the usual fronto forcing / ageostrophic component which won't be here this time in the same force as 11/7.

I'd rather see the vort max further south and stronger than any modeled solution right now.

The differential cyclonic vorticity advection is stronger on the NAM but even it agrees with the less impressive globals that the max area is north. Suggesting that colder air usually wins in these situations is based on the usual fronto forcing / ageostrophic component which won't be here this time in the same force as 11/7.

I'd rather see the vort max further south and stronger than any modeled solution right now.

Awesome thanks HM. Yeah we needed this storm to trend stronger regardless in order to help us out down the road too as you have stated in another post. We appreciate your input. Keep up the great work.

I wonder if the GFS will finally cave to the NAM. I think they meet somewhere in between, IMO the GFS is definitely under doing this system. I think there will end up being a 3-6" swath around that area then NAM is showing as the jackpot. Regardless, it is November and I would certainly be happy with just an inch haha. santa.gif

The 12z RGEM looks very nice for the NW Suburbs of Philly into C NJ as well.

R/S line looks to be just NW of I-95.

Not sure how much precipitation this is when all is set and done, but it's a decent amount for the area.

I_nw_r1_EST_2012112612_028.png

Looks like it's painting anywhere from 0.20"- just under 0.40" across eastern PA and Jersey.

Although this would be nice, and call me the skeptic, I really don't see it. These HI RES models are probably double of what will be the actual IMO. It may have the bullseye area defined well, but still not liking anything outside of WWA criteria across the board. 1-3" general swath, lollipops to 4" maybe. Best chance for that I-78 corridor to a point 20 miles S of I-78 in PA.

post-8610-0-37482800-1353946441_thumb.pn

Seems like there is enough support for a solution wetter than the GFS to be a little more bullish on snow around TTN... so right now I'll lean that it will probably snow, but also mix with or change to rain at possibly several occasions. Accumulations probably a coating or less, but an inch or two is not completely out of the question.

Archived