BlueSkyGA
    Newest Member
    BlueSkyGA
DISCUSSION ONLY: Snow/rain/slopfest potential Tuesday 11/27/2012

famartin

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seriously, if this even happens, people should be content. Amazing how some people act/react to the models like we should be getting dumped with 6-12 inches of snow every possible "threat".

Agreed. Some people appear to be forgetting it's November. Luckily we don't really have to deal with that in this subforum.

This isn't going to be another southeast trender that fringes areas north and west is it?

Unfortunately man things aren't look good for your area right now...I think the general consensus right now is that N DE, S NJ (away from coast) could be in a good spot believe it or not...I think it will be similar to the last storm where you're going to need to be under the heavy rates to get accumulation.

Unfortunately man things aren't look good for your area right now...I think the general consensus right now is that N DE, S NJ (away from coast) could be in a good spot believe it or not...I think it will be similar to the last storm where you're going to need to be under the heavy rates to get accumulation.

This has all the look of a snow that won't be heavy enough to do much more than accumulate on grass.

Latest from JB as usual no flip flopping with each model run....

"The current forecast remains as its my contention that was we get closer to the event, our models will go to the more focued look on the max coming out to cause this, and the TRUE boundary will be with the front that will have to arrive from the northwest Monday. The GFS is further north on its latest run but when the energy confusion develops it stops the precip from blossoming as much as I think it will. As per the video ( please watch) The UKMET is in my camp. Again, I use models as support for my idea.. so just cause the model that was supporting me yesterday changed ( remember I said it would suppress south, then come back north) is not there now, doesnt mean I change my idea. If there is a correction I will wait probably till tomorrow afternoon and then its only one correction not flipping with every 6 hour run"

nam came in with less precip (shocker) .1-.25 for the region, with a bullseye of .25-.35 for all of kent,salem, and southern new castle co. Though, they are to warm to support snow there. Per the nam for the city its rain/sn mix or snow that never accumulates with temps in the upper 30s...north and west obv a diff story but iw ouldn't expect more than an inch off the nam.

Archived