• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
November 27th - 28th Snow Potential

Ice Warrior commander

Winds do increase a bit from the NE towards 00z tomorrow near the Cape. The lower 1000-1500ft may be hostile. I could see areas across inland SE mass turn to a 33F snow if the heavier echoes can make it up. Even PYM sounding supported a wet snow at 00z. This will be interesting to see how it evolves. Literally 20 miles will be everything. The intial WAA band seemed like c-1" stuff, but if the low develops as planned...might add another C-1" for Kevin near and after 00z. The initial WAA band still could have an elongated WSW-ENE band of enhance echoes...but at the same time, I could see it sort of fractured too. The inv trough also probably needs to be watched because winds behind that may be more nrly and support snow across SE MA...just west of this feature.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

30-50 mile NW shift which is what we were thinking. Hopefully it's snowing by morning

Well hopefully before it ends, but there needs to be work to achieve those distances. Not impossible though I suppose, that the second area nudges a bit NW...but it's not 100% and a tick SE is not off the table either. It's just gonna be nowcast trends.

I doubt anyone cracks 2" in our region...maybe SW CT hills near the Shelton poster could do it.

The system looks pretty disorganized right now. If we are going to get a nice little jolt, it will probably happen pretty late in the game. My expectations are quite low.

Is this going to be another one of those situations where the shoreline is under estimated?

Or are we in a situation where no matter how hard the precip comes, we won't wet bulb to or under freezing?

I think intensity and amount of precip is the issue. okx outlines this well.

I doubt anyone cracks 2" in our region...maybe SW CT hills near the Shelton poster could do it.

The system looks pretty disorganized right now. If we are going to get a nice little jolt, it will probably happen pretty late in the game. My expectations are quite low.

Yep bar set low, hope for more be happy with some. If a good Omega band sets up onshore someone will be really happy. Back of my mind are the analogs, most of which were flat waves running into confluence and blooming late. Some pretty interesting outcomes.

Mine are fairly confident, reasonable, and am looking forward to a snowy afternoon/evening.

Yep bar set low, hope for more be happy with some. If a good Omega band sets up onshore someone will be really happy. Back of my mind are the analogs, most of which were flat waves running into confluence and blooming late. Some pretty interesting outcomes.

It's all about where that band sets up. If it's kissing the south coast beaches, then enjoy the bands of WAA snow that will be disorganized. If there is a legit threat to the NW, then we'll see it on the 00z runs. I wouldn't rule out the 00z runs going SE too, but the trend since 00z is NW.

Agreed with all of you. We had a run or two in the last couple of days that seemed to be going in the right direction only to have a Charlie Brown football moment in the next run. I like the 2 run "trend" but at the same time it doesn't look great right now. really it's not supposed to look like much until it starts to exit the coast.

I'm sure someone could pick apart the current situation or dig through all the AFD's but I just don't care that much and in an hour or two we'll probably have some clear trends with the models.

EDIT: If you look at the RAP for 0z vs say the 18z NAM 500mb 6h...nothing glaringly wrong. Actually looks pretty decent.

30.1 degrees here. Just .1 more and I will hit my forecast low.

I guess you can round down in this case, so I hit my forecast low already.

Let's see what happens.

Its all about precip rates for us tomorrow, allowing us to wetbulb its plenty cold aloft and dew points should be more than sufficient. Wind direction for us is also favorable, but if we get .1 of precip stretched out over 14 hours its just not going to cut it.

Nam sim radar had some decent banding over sw ct, lets hope its correct.

Its all about precip rates for us tomorrow, allowing us to wetbulb its plenty cold aloft and dew points should be more than sufficient. Wind direction for us is also favorable, but if we get .1 of precip stretched out over 14 hours its just not going to cut it.

Nam sim radar had some decent banding over sw ct, lets hope its correct.

Radar posts in the AM how crappy it looks then boom?

5bb4aa5a3b6bb52c6b07739937a96a5c.jpg

ab126d37cba4a0d309f79dd7460fcd15.jpg

Archived