Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
November 27th - 28th Snow Potential

Ice Warrior commander

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hopefully LL doesn't have to deal with any snow...we know how much he dislikes winter weather.

Pretty torchy on the BDR soundings. He might only have to deal with a few hours of wet non-accumulating snow in the middle of it if those soundings are right.

18z NAM

0.75"+ for ACK

0.5"+ makes it to about the Bourne Bridge.

0.25"+ makes it to about Scituate.

0.10"+ makes it to just NW of BOS

Interesting...

and then factoring in evaporational robbing ... it's comical; what you are left with is a 2 and 3 level greens on the radar running around the shore like a cookie cut-out.

18z NAM

0.75"+ for ACK

0.5"+ makes it to about the Bourne Bridge.

0.25"+ makes it to about Scituate.

0.10"+ makes it to just NW of BOS

Interesting...

Note - If BL holds right, PHI could have low end warning snows. NJ looks sweet too.

lol, Good luck with the Nam, It has not hit one in a long, long time

That's a lot of omega just offshore for a few hours there. What a tease. If we could get a 50-70 mile bump north at the last second...now THAT would be a bust on the good side.

At any rate hopefully some can see an inch or so. Maybe 2" if lucky and that initial WAA stuff is stronger than progged.

Just saying it's interesting. Not expecting more than some flurries here. I could see the steadier light snows getting to about Quincy and then get eaten up as it tries to push north.

Thats about it, Going to need some decent rates to accumalate whatever precip falls with those surface temps

That's a lot of omega just offshore for a few hours there. What a tease. If we could get a 50-70 mile bump north at the last second...now THAT would be a bust on the good side.

At any rate hopefully some can see an inch or so. Maybe 2" if lucky and that initial WAA stuff is stronger than progged.

you just get the vibe that a comet impact would take us all out before the atm allowed that to happen -

It sure is and the reason why I asked about, 1/21/12 this AM

you just get the vibe that a comet impact would take us all out before the atm allowed that to happen -

Yeah its not like we haven't seen any exciting events this month...with Sandy and then the Son of Sandy snowstorm... wink.png

I wouldn't break out the cosmic d*ldo phrase just yet this winter, haha. I think we've been relatively lucky in New England as a whole this month with at least a couple exciting/good events. I mean, the atmosphere can't *always* be hurling solid events at us...what would we complain about if it did?

LOL

75 mile bust and we're all listening to the sounds of plows scraping the pavement. Too bad it won't happen. If anything, tonight's runs will come SE a bit to finally put this 'threat' to rest (At least for north of the Pike.)

It sure is and the reason why I asked about, 1/21/12 this AM

1/21/12 was looking more impressive at this stage than this junk system is (though that isn't saying a whole lot)...but never say never in meteorology. If we somehow got a last second 50 mile jog northward, then that would create potential for a bust like that.

1/21/12 was looking more impressive at this stage than this junk system is (though that isn't saying a whole lot)...but never say never meteorology. If we somehow got a last second 50 mile jog northward, then that would create potential for a bust like that.

that thing also had a really nice tightly packed thickness gradient that it was moving through and smacked the good LLJ perpendicularly right into it.

Yeah its not like we haven't seen any exciting events this month...with Sandy and then the Son of Sandy snowstorm... wink.png

I wouldn't break out the cosmic d*ldo phrase just yet this winter, haha. I think we've been relatively lucky in New England as a whole this month with at least a couple exciting/good events. I mean, the atmosphere can't *always* be hurling solid events at us...what would we complain about if it did?

It depends on where you are - duh. but seriously, Sandy did nothing in my town, zippo, zilch. Pedestrian breezy/windy day with some intermittent showers. In fact, when the dry slot punched in around 8pm the wind dropped to like 10mph. Riveting! We got 0.5 inches out of that snow storm thereafter.

So...eh. You're right, but like everything else it's highly relative. I think the last signficant bought of excitement for Rt poopers you gotta go all the way back to 2008's ice storm, and that really didn't get much E of Shirley. I bet if you drew up a graphical analysis of exciting event frequency, there would be an interesting hole ...pretty much precisely where I am.

huh.

i don't like this conversation anymore. in fact ... never bring it up again -

Archived