Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
November 27th - 28th Snow Potential

Ice Warrior commander

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

strictly speaking although it's a pretty decent change we've still got quite a bit to go. The system scoots east pretty fast after 42/45 which prevents much of anything from happening. Close though, and finally a positive move. Hope it isn't just the NAM but I tend to think not because of the initial conditions change.

Much better than flurries. I would take a 1-3 then a windswept 3 day Arctic cold. Nice run.

Much better than flurries. I would take a 1-3 then a windswept 3 day Arctic cold. Nice run.

The NAM tends to have some issues as we all know but particularly with dampening out s/w in these fast flows. So it'll be interesting to see what the Euro/GFS and even the RGEM come up with tonight. Good stuff at least it's something to watch vs this run coming in with the "storm" 300 miles SE of us at 1020 mb!

yeah, the 3 s/w's really screw us

Yeah it's an unusually convoluted setup. You're right there are 3 distinct shortwaves here.

It's possible s/w 1 trends stronger and stronger and we get a decent thump of warm advection snows but I think it will be tough for anything to dig farther down the pike.

Archived