Newest Member
    Monty
November 27th - 28th Snow Potential

Ice Warrior commander

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just keep saying november over and over again

I'm fine with a miss instead of 20 miles west getting 8" of snow and down the drain for me.

While the possibility was there of a se shift, it's unusual to see such a big shift on one suite to the north and then another shift se by a fairly large margin when your this close. However when you look at the progressive and fast flow coming off the ridge in the Pacific, models can really struggle with timing and intensity of the vortmax. It still develops quick so areas like ern and se ma should at least watch it.

I would give it until tomorrow aftn to be honest as far as SNE goes.

Yeah you always give it until inside of 72 hours. Such a fine line with the vortmax on a pretty big solution versus almost nothing...with the flow this fast, that is a problem we have to deal with when looking at models. When you have large blocking patterns in place, you get more margin for error.

I'm fine with a miss instead of 20 miles west getting 8" of snow and down the drain for me.

While the possibility was there of a se shift, it's unusual to see such a big shift on one suite to the north and then another shift se by a fairly large margin when your this close. However when you look at the progressive and fast flow coming off the ridge in the Pacific, models can really struggle with timing and intensity of the vortmax. It still develops quick so areas like ern and se ma should at least watch it.

Its a bad, A lot of pieces and its just ending up being a strung out piece of crap, Maybe someone can salvage something out of it, The ukie did not look bad and if the Euro holds there is hope for some of you anyways

Well have to be in for work in the morning, hopefully the euro stays put.

LOL watch the euro be amped up.

I remember in the Jan 10-11, 2009...a few days out, every model trended to nothing and dead flat. I was doing a radio show with DT that night. We saw the NAM/GFS/GGEM all come in really flat. We assumed that it was turning bleak for any system of consequence. A couple hours later, the Euro came in so amped, that it brought mixing nearly to the pike, lol. It not only held serve from its 12z run, it had come in even more amped. Pretty hilarious. The storm ended up happening of course.

GEFS still a bit more amped than op run.

Still could be some changes here. These shortwaves with such a fast flow are going to be tough to time out. Their interaction with one another will mean the difference between nothing and something big.

00z Euro will be interesting lol.

So two camps.

Weak Progressive Camp 1

- GFS

- GGEM

More Amped Camp 2

- UKMET

Any reason why GFS has been trending weaker? Better sampling, initializations okay?

It's probably honing in on that shortwave. It's the key player in all of this. I'd wait for the euro before really getting worked up.

12z suite tomorrow is when there should be some agreement hopefully inside 60hours.

Archived