Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
November 27th - 28th Snow Potential

Ice Warrior commander

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah agreed. 6 hours of wrist slitting followed by a quick burst.

Lol...yeah you can see it happen down near NYC earlier. Starts off as a torch the first 6 hours or so but eventually cools down as the winds keep turning more northerly. That vortmax on this run is really potent....seeing another couple panels would be interesting. I would think a pretty solid commahead develops on that going forward.

But oh well....first things first....lets get the NAM inside 48 hours, lol.

Lol...yeah you can see it happen down near NYC earlier. Starts off as a torch the first 6 hours or so but eventually cools down as the winds keep turning more northerly. That vortmax on this run is really potent....seeing another couple panels would be interesting. I would think a pretty solid commahead develops on that going forward.

But oh well....first things first....lets get the NAM inside 48 hours, lol.

Yeah stronger the better for the coast. Need a nice ageostrophic tug.

I really like how the GFS soundings look just inland back this way (and I assume up toward ORH too). A really solid burst of omega in the SGZ for quite some time. A very impressive signal... just need it to hold... these things are notoriously fickle.

If this happens and I get nothing in Plymouth...lol.

Sorry but my experience at Plymouth taught me that it is not the place for snow :( Guaranteed snow hole in 75% of the storms New England gets. Solution: pray for the big ones when you're home for break, and then do a ton of hiking in the mountains when you get back. Even last winter when it was in the 70's in March and "snow" was a myth in the lower 48, I found spots a half hour north of Plymouth where I was post-holing through 3 feet of snow.

Sorry but my experience at Plymouth taught me that it is not the place for snow sad.png Guaranteed snow hole in 75% of the storms New England gets. Solution: pray for the big ones when you're home for break, and then do a ton of hiking in the mountains when you get back. Even last winter when it was in the 70's in March and "snow" was a myth in the lower 48, I found spots a half hour north of Plymouth where I was post-holing through 3 feet of snow.

Higher elevations in NNE are so nice for snow, and you don't even have to go far most of the time. I can find places at 2,200ft + 20 minutes from my school. If I had to guess, they probably average 50-80" more than the valley floors do each winter.

Sorry but my experience at Plymouth taught me that it is not the place for snow sad.png Guaranteed snow hole in 75% of the storms New England gets. Solution: pray for the big ones when you're home for break, and then do a ton of hiking in the mountains when you get back. Even last winter when it was in the 70's in March and "snow" was a myth in the lower 48, I found spots a half hour north of Plymouth where I was post-holing through 3 feet of snow.

I think they can do well in SWFE? E-SE flow coming up the valley there.

Plymouth, MA and Essex, MA jackpot regions, IMO. Storm intensifies as it passes through the BM. TN Valley to BM track IMO, 3-6" with local amounts up to 8" for the aforementioned areas, could be more if ocean enhancement begins in earnest. If all snow Barnstable, MA could be looking at warning criteria.

Not to be a Debbie D, but I have trouble seeing that.

Sorry but my experience at Plymouth taught me that it is not the place for snow :( Guaranteed snow hole in 75% of the storms New England gets. Solution: pray for the big ones when you're home for break, and then do a ton of hiking in the mountains when you get back. Even last winter when it was in the 70's in March and "snow" was a myth in the lower 48, I found spots a half hour north of Plymouth where I was post-holing through 3 feet of snow.

Yeah orographic conditions shadow that area. Surrounding areas get feet while Plymouth gets 9 inches.

Plymouth, MA and Essex, MA jackpot regions, IMO. Storm intensifies as it passes through the BM. TN Valley to BM track IMO, 3-6" with local amounts up to 8" for the aforementioned areas, could be more if ocean enhancement begins in earnest. If all snow Barnstable, MA could be looking at warning criteria.

Temperatures in the mid 40s may be a bit problematic at least for the first half of the storm for HYA lol.

Temperatures in the mid 40s may be a bit problematic at least for the first half of the storm for HYA lol.

It actually starts colder and then warms then cools late game on the euro.

Would almost certainly be 75% liquid as presently modeled. There'd be flakes flying at some point but the antecedent airmass is too mild relative to climo going in.

This set- up would jackpot this area in another few/several weeks but not in Nov.

Probably a similar concern right up to just south of scooter right along the shore...at least as currently set up

It actually starts colder and then warms then cools late game on the euro.

Would almost certainly be 75% liquid as presently modeled. There'd be flakes flying at some point but the antecedent airmass is too mild relative to climo going in.

This set- up would jackpot this area in another few/several weeks but not in Nov.

Probably a similar concern right up to just south of scooter right along the shore...at least as currently set up

If my winds are E or even NE like at an 050 direction....forget it. Those have to back.

What about the aspect of the trough going negatively tilted as the vort max reaches the Mid Atlantic coastline? Couldn't that slow down the track and speed of the low and also cool the column more?

Yeah if it bombs to the east then that would allow the eastern coast line to flip to snow...but its uncertain we can get a storm bombing like that right now. The high pressure ahead of the systmem is not in an ideal spot for coast line snow...being up in Nova Scotia. So you have to hope for a storm bombing to really turn the winds almost due north.

Archived