BlueSkyGA
    Newest Member
    BlueSkyGA
Potential Storm 11/7-11/8

Snow_Miser

• Replies 951
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The storm track closer to the coast would be significantly worse for everybody involved especially near the coast....the ideal track would be something along the lines of the NAM where we could see some snow in the suburbs and maybe some flakes to the coast..minus the additional damage from a closer track.

But the NAM is usually absolutely lost and out to lunch in another state when it comes to events like this.

Good riddance, bye bye storm we don't need you right now.

As much as I love a nice noreaster with early season snow, I must agree. If we can see a few flakes fly with minimal winds I will be fine with that considering what this area is still dealing with as a result of Sandy.

GFS soundings are really cold..even despite the lack of heavy precipitation. Could support an inch or two away from the coast and warm ground in the city.

When you say city do you mean like Manhattan? I got plenty of grass around here that can't wait to see its first coating. I expect nothing however.

While the western storm solution is certainly not out of the question, there's a reason I'm tempted to believe the east trend is correct. Looking at the GFS in the short range, about 30-36 hours out or so, there's a clear trend for more separation between the shortwaves, as the northern one digs a bit more further west while the southern one is a bit faster. These changes are the most evident for 0z Wednesday, when the shortwaves are much further apart with today's 18z GFS than they were with the earlier runs. This trend is also visible on the CMC and slightly with the ECM, the two other models that sided with the western solution. I added an animation of the last 6 GFS runs below to show this trend:

EDIT: I'm not certainly saying it misses to the east; for now I'm sticking with continuity and siding with impact in the area in line with the earlier western models, but I'm not ruling out the eastern solutions right now. 0z run should be telling.

post-1753-0-87449600-1352158235_thumb.gi

Archived