• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    BlueSkyGA
    Newest Member
    BlueSkyGA
To the posters of this sub-forum

Rib

You guys did great. While drama was breaking out in other sub-forums we banded together and I think we are closer sub-forum for it. I know I've been having issues in my life but I really think you guys are great and make Adam and I's job very easy on here. We may have lower post volume but the quality of the posts continues to be very good. Even our weenies are well behaved for weenies. I'm truly proud to be a moderator on this sub-forum. I'm actually thinking of going to one of the get togethers whenever there is a next one as long as the train goes near it. When I posted the "Sandy Check In" thread yesterday I truly wanted to make sure every member of this sub-forum was okay. I may have the green tag but I still feel like my old self before I was a mod. I'm also hopped up on painkillers due to a setback with my finger. I may have to end up getting the bone fused which would suck but I'm running out of options. So yeah, that's why I'm acting like this haha. I was legitimately scared cause of the damage potential for Philly itself. I was rooting for the trough of safety but instead interior south jersey got it.

We have two mets from Mt. Holly which is awesome especially when I get to troll them(haha) and even Walt Drag when he posts. We also have Ray who is an NWS met in the middle of Nevada. We stole his forecasting zone from the central and western sub-forum. Hell, we have Glenn Schwartz who I wish posted more cause he always gives us good information. The most famous met in our city is a poster here! How awesome is that!

I want to thank rainshadow for his quick answer on the NJ back bay flooding issue. I took his answer, sent it to my bud (who was not aware of the real danger of Sandy landfalling south of him) he became more aware and was able to become more prepared. This site is the only thread I

will trust - stick to your guns guys/gals - you make a difference. Now back to charging my phone -no power since Monday around noon.

feels like a family in some regards. the mets, the mods, the regular posters, all around good guys and gals. I agree with tombo and NJ, some of the best, no-nonsense discussion on the board...we really should make another attempt at a get together this winter. they'll be no shortage of stories to tell after the 10 days of tracking, enduring, and cleaning up from Sandy. Hopefully, there'll be new stories to share that involve +SN, and less heartache... (cue the blowtorch ;))

Even though I've been just a little busy the last 48 hours, and haven't been able to post much, the information and knowledge I've gotten from our subforum has been stellar. No trolling, no bs, just great discussion. We may not be the busiest, but we have one of the best. And I agree, we should have a G2G soon, I'd like to shoot the **** with everyone again.

I would suggest that if any feel so inclined, that a note to the MIC at Mount Holly (that Gary guy) might be in order as well. I thought the whole team there did a splendid job in outlining the potential each day, starting with those briefings. They should be SOP for all storms of this type both wet and white. Mount Holly got out in front of Sandy and stayed there throughout the storm. Kudos to all of them, and not just the ones who post here.

On a side note, I could sense Tony's concern Monday morning with how this would play out. He was much more somber than usual. I guess he probably wanted to be more explicit about the potential than he was, but couldn't for obvious reasons. Haven't seen him lately. Maybe he lost power.

Great post Rob. Thanks for us being separated from the NYC sub-forum. Everyone here is pretty damn good if you ask me, i know i can be crazy at times, but at least i am tolerable. I try to be good and nice as much as i can and be helpful and look out for others also. But yeah great job to everyone here during our super-storm/hurricane, we all kept it tight and clean, shows how good of a group we have become. Very great on the info front and amazing job by the Mt Holly NWS crew, and the professional mets here and pro-forecasters and people in general.

Even though I've been just a little busy the last 48 hours, and haven't been able to post much, the information and knowledge I've gotten from our subforum has been stellar. No trolling, no bs, just great discussion. We may not be the busiest, but we have one of the best. And I agree, we should have a G2G soon, I'd like to shoot the **** with everyone again.

this

In all honesty, it's the models that deserve the biggest pat on the back.

Whether most of us just try to just sound smart by saying we just use the models as 'guidance' , it's honestly about 90% of all forecasting...whether it's accuweather, NWS, weather channel, NHC, or whoever else... the Bots deserve most of the credit. dry.png

The Euro kicked butt..and so did the so called non-hurricane model.. (NAM) NAM was more accurate with the colder temperatures as well as Sandy was making landfall. GFS was way warm..especially in southern PA.

In all honesty, it's the models that deserve the biggest pat on the back.

Whether most of us just try to just sound smart by saying we just use the models as 'guidance' , it's honestly about 90% of all forecasting...whether it's accuweather, NWS, weather channel, NHC, or whoever else... the Bots deserve most of the credit. dry.png

The Euro kicked butt..and so did the so called non-hurricane model.. (NAM) NAM was more accurate with the colder temperatures as well as Sandy was making landfall. GFS was way warm..especially in southern PA.

You would be correct that we all have our "drug of choice" when it comes to forecasting - that does not bring in the true human aspect/factor of this forum. During Sandy you guys saved lives - I hope you all understand that, because I do...

I agree, i think this sub forum, which had a bad reputation in the past is now one of the best forums.

never thought Philly had a bad rep (except for being small in # in the past).

Have always enjoyed bantering and talking wx in this forum.

Archived