Newest Member
    BlueSkyGA
The Sandy Check In Thread

Rib

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Central jersey peeps...valero rt 130 s near dey rd open 100 dollar limit

Setup a generator & backup network at the office today so we could get back to "normal" operations Monday

Quick Check @ 130 & Stults road was open tonight, lines not too bad

Sunoco at 535 & 522 was just opening at 3:30 this afternoon, place was a nut house

Sunoco at the rest stop on the turnpike just below 8A was just crazy, line back down the entrance ramp out on the turnpike

Vast majority of Dayton & Monmouth Junction are still pitch black, tough to get your bearings at night because nearly every intersection has no lights

Going on 108 hours with no power. This is clearly the longest stretch of time I've experienced without power, but not really. I phased my panel to the AC breakers and have been running my whole house from those from generator. Heat, fridges, washer, dryer and even TV and Internet (I never lost my FIOS connection) On weds we had twelve neighbors over all watching the news. They had no idea what had really happened and were amazed and saddened. Freehold took a hit similar to the July supercell, but that was actually alot worse in terms of structural damage. Sandy took out a few utility poles, some house damage and lots of trees, but over all, it's the lack of power driving is mad. Today things peeked for the worst. My immediate next door neighbor had half of her gasoline stolen by a bunch of thugs, yes, she was looted. They took her generator gas and siphoned half her car gas tank. The looting has begun. We called police and the perpetrators were arrested. Still, I'm locked and loaded just incase. Freehold is still 80% without power. Best time to get gas is now at Wawa on Rt9 in Howell or rt 537 at Great Adventure. 3.51 a gallon. Good luck all.

Still no power, wireless net since 1230 mondAy. Aggravating part is power is on one mile south and 1.5 miles north since yesterday and there's still a huge 3 foot diameter tree dangling like a bungy over bethlehem pike

Yeah, I don't understand PECO. 1/2 my block got power back Tuesday afternoon while, the other half is STILL without power. These are people literally across the street from me. I'd be fuming if I was them.

What wattage though? Because at startup the fridges take a lot to crank over. This is for an auto inverter.

amps X volts = watts

I think a fridge would be a lot to ask from an inverter, but a small sump pump or lighting would be ok.

If you have a 1000watt inverter, powering 120 volts, you would get 8amps or so

Still no power here... Apparently we were suppose to have power yesterday -but the power crew did not remove the tree tangled in tbe lines. The tree caught on fire and so did the pole, burning the wires, my neighbor who witnessed it saw the fires etc... and also got a phone call from JCPL that her power was restored -set back and now we don't know how far we were pushed down the list. I did manage to re-report by calling in a downed wire and have them the pole numbers. Still no power crew

No power since Monday noon -on doing it with fireplace and coolers - thank God I have natural gas for hot water and cooking.

Still no power - no heat - house was at 48F at night and temp falling below 30F tonight, so I am back in MD for work - heat/light/large HD TV and internet -- the rest of my family went to Quakertown where my oldest lives - they got power back on last night - schools (Toms River) closed all next week and my wife's work (Titusville) closed Monday - probably Tuesday. Neighbors with generators watching the house - watching Wed/Thurs carefully

I work in a union local with over 200 members including a good number at the shore...today learned that our member from Seaside Heights has checked in...he's safe but has no idea if he even has a house...and now his mother-in-law passed yesterday and they have to make arrangements while probably finding out they are homeless.

So apparently Met Ed cut our power in preparation for the storm on Monday. Literally shut it off to prevent damage. Ok, whatever.

Well, finally after almost a full week without power, running a generator to its last legs, electricity was finally restored here at home today around 7pm. What a week.

Hope everything turns out alright for the coast people.

Archived