BlueSkyGA
    Newest Member
    BlueSkyGA
The Sandy Check In Thread

Rib

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll walk the neighborhood later and woods later to see what's up (or down rather), but nary a twig has fallen here. Outside of the leaves plastered on the deck, you wouldn't know there was a storm here yesterday...Power flickered a few times but stayed on, no clock flashing 12:00 this morning...Hope everyone made it through ok...

Hi. No damage. We had power til 5am. Then it appears PECO lowered our usage amount to where I have limited power but no big power items like heat, fridge or tv. I can use certain items plugged into outlets, and overhead lights are dimmed.

Never seen this before. Anybody else ever deal with that? I'd expect they are probably are trying to share power with other grids???

Hi. No damage. We had power til 5am. Then it appears PECO lowered our usage amount to where I have limited power but no big power items like heat, fridge or tv. I can use certain items plugged into outlets, and overhead lights are dimmed.

Never seen this before. Anybody else ever deal with that? I'd expect they are probably are trying to share power with other grids???

It's called a brownout. They want to share the limited wealth.

ok here in Abington. We still have power, although a power or cable line coming into the house appears to be hanging low and is not taut. Also some metal roof flashing has broken off and is hanging from the house.

Hi. I'm posting from my phone. Had power until a little after 10 PM last night, but it has been out since. Lots of small branches down on my property and one small tree fell on my neighbor's yard. A huge piece of siding was ripped off of my house on the west-facing side last night. I should be able to put it back in once the rain stops. Hoping for the power to return soon...it's getting chilly in my house.

I'm good. Tired As balls. The winds between 8-10 last night really did a number to the power grid here in upper Darby./Drexel hill.

No major injuries during the storm trauma wise, which is good. Handful Of trees into houses, but minor in comparison. Still have power /cable at my house, somehow. I can guess that about 75% of my town is withou power.

I'd day we dodged a bullet here in SEPA as far as flooding goes.

Lost power around 8:30 last night and don't expect it back anytime soon. Most vicious wind gusts by far were late last evening and early morning as the center of Sandy passed by to the south. I'm afraid there are going to be a lot of folks in the dark for a long time. Stay safe, all.

Alive and well in NE Philly, some damage in the block didn't see any down trees. Funny, i was taking a walk last night to experience the high winds. Huge gust came, ripped a piece of siding off a house 20 feet from me. Wind blew it right towards me & I had to run and dodge it. I ran home like a little boy after that.

Archived