• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    BlueSkyGA
    Newest Member
    BlueSkyGA
New NWS Zones for Southeastern Pennsylvania

MGorse

Yes, we don't want that (though there are some people :whistle: who do).

I totally want the computers to do things that they can do better than humans. In 20 years, we're not going to be sweating TAFs or 5-day temperature forecasts (at least not at the same level we do now). So it'll be a question of where do we add value. Or if we add value. I think (and most people other people do too?) that area will be impact forecasting.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I totally want the computers to do things that they can do better than humans. In 20 years, we're not going to be sweating TAFs or 5-day temperature forecasts (at least not at the same level we do now). So it'll be a question of where do we add value. Or if we add value. I think (and most people other people do too?) that area will be impact forecasting.

Well like I said, as long as I have a job still...

I like the split! My only complaint is that the maps earlier in this thread called it Upper and Lower Montgomery County but it seems the zones are actually being called Western and Eastern Montgomery County on Mt. Holly's site.

Oh, that was a change after the initial maps were made. The naming adjustment was based on feedback from Emergency Managers and some local officials.

My only issue is the following.

Southern Chester Courtny vs northern Chester county

For weather is different.

It rains in Oxford and snows in coatesville with the right

Storm in winter.

It rains in morristown nj and snows in butler nnj.

North to south vs west to east.

The idea that you split 3 counties in Phl metro and not others adds to confusion.

Sure you split other counties in snj, but it seems to be a north south deal.

Cheers,

Darkstar

Archived