Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
East Coast Threat/Sandy - Banter Thread

Mr. Windcredible!

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You know your going into the blackhole of outage when you start hearing that unique roar and the pulsing nature of gusts just off the deck. I really don't want to go to work for numerous reasons. Getting into Boston no-problem it's getting home that worries me, 7pm tomorrow looks like hightime around here.

What "IF" Sandy tracks E of 70W? Pretty late in the models game. A fubar even for computers to compile. Guts to with em..untill they be wrong. But there never wrong?

Smart move. Rumors on the bridges being shut down...Phil chimed in on that he's usually in the know?

Scott

I don't how close you are to Taylor Ave? WHB The ex's cottage is right at the bend of the road. The boat-launch right there might be prone. Ave A, I can only guess the elevation. Might be a great vantage point. Some of the big noreasters get pretty high on the cliffs there. Just curious if you have any recollection of flooding in that area?

The Governor of Connecticut just said the word "drounding".

Nobody after this storm has passed will be able to claim Governor Malloy didn't do the best job possible to prepare the citizens of CT. He is making many attempts to communicate as clearly as possible.

So at my house in NE CT they are predicting peak winds of 27-32 and gusts to 55 MPH, but less than 30 miles away in Waterford they are predicting peak winds of 43-48 with gusts as high as 80. Granted, Waterford is by the shore, but that seems like a huge drop off in a short distance.

Forecast is for 60 mph gusts here. Waterford in on the coast (like you said)....that will make a difference.

Archived