Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
East Coast Threat/Sandy - Banter Thread

Mr. Windcredible!

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

some of your posts when you were commuting, you were nervous, yeah as is usual Meh for BOS

Well clearly there is a little friendly trolling. Of course it was bad in NJ up through cstl RI. The surge was the worst aspect of it, mainly because of the trajectory and sensitivity of the coastline to it. For a nearly 940 low, winds weren't terrible, but very strong from NJ to BDR. The area that it hit makes the storm damage that much worse.

Well clearly there is a little friendly trolling. Of course it was bad in NJ up through cstl RI. The surge was the worst aspect of it, mainly because of the trajectory and sensitivity of the coastline to it. For a nearly 940 low, winds weren't terrible, but very strong from NJ to BDR. The area that it hit makes the storm damage that much worse.

true but 96 mph winds on the beach in Westerly and 75 at GON were impressive. WST a mile inland and tucked behind a terminal moraine had sustained 61 mph winds, that to me was the most impressive stat in RI, knowing where the ASOS is located and the wind direction.

true but 96 mph winds on the beach in Westerly and 75 at GON were impressive. WST a mile inland and tucked behind a terminal moraine had sustained 61 mph winds, that to me was the most impressive stat in RI, knowing where the ASOS is located and the wind direction.

I don't think the 96 is official?

Archived