Newest Member
    Monty
East Coast Threat/Sandy - Banter Thread

Mr. Windcredible!

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ALL HELL BREAKING LOOSE.

Called my employer. Are you kidding me BAU. I'm changing my cell to ATT and tv / internet to comcast. Verizon for those who don't know has become one of the worst mis-managed corporations in this country. Have you called customer service lately?

No hype needed and the naysayers are silent in regards to what is unfolding.

Kevin FTL

HURRICANE FORCE WIND GUSTS OF 70 AND POSSIBLY 80 MPH ARE

EXPECTED TO IMPACT A REGION LOCATED BETWEEN BEL AIR MD...POINT

LOOKOUT MD...AND HAGERSTOWN MD BETWEEN 6 PM THIS EVENING TO 6 AM

TUESDAY. THIS INCLUDES THE GREATER BALTIMORE AND WASHINGTON

METROPOLITAN AREAS.

CHANGES SINCE LAST LOCAL STATEMENT

----------------------------------

* THE TIMING OF THE PEAK WINDS FROM SANDY ARE NOW EXPECTED FROM

LATE THIS AFTERNOON TO DAYBREAK ON WEDNESDAY.

* RAINFALL AMOUNTS HAVE BEEN INCREASED. THE GREATER BALTIMORE

METRO AREA IS NOW FORECAST TO RECEIVE 8 TO 12 INCHES OF

RAIN...WITH LOCALLY HIGHER AMOUNTS.

* THE POTOMAC RIVER IS LIKELY TO GO INTO FLOOD STAGE BEGINNING

AROUND WEDNESDAY AND LASTING THROUGH FRIDAY.

I am putting out a request here for anyone who does wxobs...Sandy Obs...to let me know what is happening in Brooklyn..Williamsburg area..flooding,wind... My son lives there...I normally post on the New England American Weather Forum...You can email em to me or text me at tweet me @nehollywood thanks,Craig

http://northeastweathereye.com

Augusta Maine

The variablity and frequency of these gusts are making people complacent. I was just outsde picking up a trash barrel from next door. A gust hit like a brick.

As far as I can tell this is still ramping up. All is fun and easy to make comments along the lines of "not bad" or "suppose to be worse" How can anyone state that?

It's easy to say until it hits home and changes perception. Did we dodge a bullet? Doubt it. I've been lucky so far...we shall see.

I think this storm really lulled people into a false sense of security. In the afternoon here in CT, it was windy with about 40,000 outages. I had quite a few people that I know text me saying this storm was overhyped. In the two hours after receiving those texts the winds really cranked and outages spiked to over 400,000. To make matters worse this all happened after dark and people couldn't "see" the damage. Come sunrise tomorrow I think people are going to be shocked to see the damage that was done and appreciate this storms place in history.

My FIL is a long-haul trucker and is currently driving to Louisiana to pick up a large generator on its own trailer and take it to Staten Island. He expects to be in NY by Thursday. A Canadian friend heard that equipment might be coming from as far as Manitoba to NY to help with repairs.

We're still on generator power here and expect to be so through at least the night.

-monadnocks

• 11 months later...

Archived