Newest Member
    Monty
East Coast Threat/Sandy - Banter Thread

Mr. Windcredible!

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was thinking the western tip! biggrin.png

Seriously looking as if the present movement track is slightly right of official. Very concerning it still appears to have an Easterly component but still within the "cone" of error. Does it matter? If she be getting to 65W would change attitudes me thinks.

It's east of the hurricane models but right about spot on the Euro from 12z.

getting a good laugh at my neighbors putting there trash out for tomorrow

When I went through TS Gabrielle 2001 it was trash day and pretty much everyone put their trash out, then we flooded.

Neighborhood kids swimming down the street with catfish and trash and whatever else..

facepalm.png

Should be interesting to be in that area - wonder how many New Yorkers are taking this serious.

My sister lives on the 18th floor of a building in Queens thats part of the mandatory evacuation area.... They stopped the elevator tonight at 7 from running... but she is staying there... I tried to tell her it will be bad, but she said she has enough food and battery stuff so they'll be fine.

guys the pics from high tides in NC, VA, MD were very impressive this afteroon (in other threads) i would encourage you to take a peek

the Ocean city pier should be gone next high tide cycle, i think the damage (especially) the erosion and water levels will open some eyes who didn't comprehend the ability of this storm to move a ton of water (dangerously)

The brunt of the wave energy will go into NJ, Long Island, And Even extreme SE CT, most of S ri and the islands (nantucket) (MVY) , it will be real.

The fact that I have no school in Plymouth, NH is a complete joke IMO. Best case rain, 3", best case wind, 55mph early evening? IDK, seems like we could have classes. I'll definitely take it though.

Anyway, one year ago today, heavy heavy snow fell. Pretty cool to have 2 historic storms 2 years apart of completely different natures like this.

Being from a family that has lived on the coast my entire life, I know what it means to prep for storms. Now that I live in the city, all I see is lawn furniture and childrens toys in everyone's yards that are possible projectiles. Drives me crazy.

Clean up your crap before its through my bay windows.

Archived