Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
Sandy Obs and Banter thread - fall 2012

mappy

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the greatest thing about a tropical storm or hurricane is the warm wind. that is when wind is nice. when it's 47 degrees and Winds are gusting to 60 it absolutely blows. trying to go outside and smoke a cigarette sucks. give me snow or give me a tropical system when its warm outside

the greatest thing about a tropical storm or hurricane is the warm wind. that is when wind is nice. when it's 47 degrees and Winds are gusting to 60 it absolutely blows. trying to go outside and smoke a cigarette sucks. give me snow or give me a tropical system when its warm outside

Amen...Sandy Sucks!

MSNBC Reporter in Cape May saying "winds much more intense" on back end. He seems stunned, saying for last hour or two, even though no rain, the winds are causing damage, long after everyone thought the worst had passed. Mean anything for us?

MSNBC Reporter in Cape May saying "winds much more intense" on back end. He seems stunned, saying for last hour or two, even though no rain, the winds are causing damage, long after everyone thought the worst had passed. Mean anything for us?

in nor'easters a lot of time you get strongest winds after it has passed. not sure the same thing here but maybe similar. cleveland has even gusted to 58 tonight. our sustain winds might pick back up as the center moves a bit tho in some ways i think it might have ended up a bit too close which is partly why we maxed out around 60-65 in the dc area.

Will make this quick my phone needs charging. Did n it sleep at all last night thought the roof was going to go. Still out if power and looking for somewhere to go to charge phones. The howling and whistling was eery.

consider getting a cheapo inverter from walmart for your car... its very nice to charge laptops/phones when necessary...

Archived