Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
Sandy Obs and Banter thread - fall 2012

mappy

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We had our transformer blow during an ice storm. A huge surge went though the house, fried tons of stuff. I spent two weeks as the neighborhood "computer guy" replacing power supplies for clueless neighbors. We lost a ceiling fan. Neighbors lost furnaces, fridges, tons of stuff. The explosions are fun to watch, but it sucks when yours blows.

Once more into the breach, as the poet once said. Amazing out there. When I went up to Fort Reno during Isabel, the wind was to my back because the circulation, of course, went to the west. Much warmer then, too. This time, wind right in my face, driving rain. Got a bit chilly and waterlogged and was worth every minute. Didn't see as many transformers popping as I looked out over Montgomery County as I did during Isabel.

Once more into the breach, as the poet once said. Amazing out there. When I went up to Fort Reno during Isabel, the wind was to my back because the circulation, of course, went to the west. Much warmer then, too. This time, wind right in my face, driving rain. Got a bit chilly and waterlogged and was worth every minute. Didn't see as many transformers popping as I looked out over Montgomery County as I did during Isabel.

Because the probably replaced them with American made transformers.

Good to hear!

Wife is unhappy that we're sleeping on the sectional on the first floor tonight. She's also unconvinced of my reasoning behind it.

I'd really prefer not to have a tree come through our bedroom ceiling while we're asleep.

Same situation here. My wife and son want the comfort of the upstairs rooms, but when you are surrounded by trees on a night like tonight, safety comes before comfort.

MDstorm

Archived