Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
Sandy Obs and Banter thread - fall 2012

mappy

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's definitely strong enough to turn an umbrella inside out... I guess all I'm asking is whether, with the accelerated track and slight change in LF we're looking at, whether we can still expect conditions to worsen and stay bad all night?

We are definitely on course for a serious and dangerous night. When that center moves across the mason Dixon its going to be wild.

Not a tropical weenie, but if you check Dover's radar, it really looks like the leading edge of the main game might be entering the Chesapeake.

I think people are becoming impatient. The conditions weren't supposed to get bad until this evening anyway. Now it will come a little earlier with increased speed. It's coming folks.

BALTIMORE, MD. (OCTOBER 29, 2012)-Due to high winds and dangerous weather conditions from Hurricane Sandy, Mayor Rawlings-Blake announced mandatory travel restrictions for city roadways. Restrictions, which begin at 6:00 p.m. today, do not apply to uniformed personnel, hospital employees or other medical providers. Travel restrictions will remain in effect until noon tomorrow, although may be extended as necessary.

"Our number one priority during the storm period is public safety," Mayor Rawlings-Blake said. "We need folks to stay off the roads so that our first responders can focus 100 percent on real emergency incidents as they may occur. We are working closely with our hospitals and medical providers to ensure that their employees have safe routes to work."

At the Mayor Rawlings-Blake’s direction, police officers and emergency responders are deployed throughout the city and are able to respond to any incident, and forestry and public works response crews are on stand-by. 911 and 311 are fully operational. Use 911 for emergencies only. Police officers are deployed throughout the city and able to respond to any incident.

Archived