• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
Mid to late October disco/banter thread.

CoastalWx

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would say there's less leaves on the trees this year than there was Oct 29th last yr for Snowmageddon

Funny you say that I was thinking about that yesterday morning driving up to Litchfield. I'd say we are right now where we were on 10/29 last year lol. Shows you how late last year was.

Gfs floods us, blows us away, then gives the finger to the pressing cold as it turns tail and runs back where it was coming from. Wtf.......

Yeah I mentioned that this morning. The whole pattern goes bonkers with this storm and it plays around with the cold. It still will probably make it in here, but timing may be off.

Obviously depending on how this unfolds of course.

Yeah I mentioned that this morning. The whole pattern goes bonkers with this storm and it plays around with the cold. It still will probably make it in here, but timing may be off.

Did you see the clipper heading under us with probably cold enough to snow on Election Day? The 384 gfs is always right you know right?

Amazing day! Warm and sunny yesterday at Lake of Isles just glorious with peak foilage, lowest temp next 7 days is 47 tonight, then everything else in the 50s according to okx. Already forecasting a high of 70 for next friday, looks very warm ahead of this front. I hope something fun plays out, it has been beautiful but enough is enough...

At least the Euro at this point doesn't seem to want to pretty much wipe the northeastern quarter of the US off the map, although it does try to do something there at the edge of it's range. That has to be about the craziest Canadian run i've ever seen. Certainly an interesting time period though, with the tropical system and frontal system bringing in a pretty significant cold shot. There's potential there for something wild.

I'm studying the teleconnector spread from last night's runs (and considering leading trend) and there is a negative geopotential anomaly signaled for MA to OV area, alarmingly collocated in time with these solutions.

It's interesting. At first, the flow almost looks more progressive because the trough in the central US originally is flatter and almost looks like it will kick the low east. But, the blocking ahead of it goes bananas. Perhaps the latent heat release from the storm influences this blocking. Then another s/w comes and tries to capture the low..that's what the op does.

It's interesting. At first, the flow almost looks more progressive because the trough in the central US originally is flatter and almost looks like it will kick the low east. But, the blocking ahead of it goes bananas. Perhaps the latent heat release from the storm influences this blocking. Then another s/w comes and tries to capture the low..that's what the op does.

Yeah which is sort of what we were talking about yesterday with the developing outflow channel to the north of this thing through the Atlantic.

The hype machine will start cranking tomorrow... especially if this thing becomes a TD.

Yeah which is sort of what we were talking about yesterday with the developing outflow channel to the north of this thing through the Atlantic.

The hype machine will start cranking tomorrow... especially if this thing becomes a TD.

Yeah check out how the ridge that gives is warmer wx next week, is enhanced as it moves northeast of us. Even that massive north atlantic low is involved..helping to keep that ridge in places.

Archived