Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
Rocktober like the old days. Bridging to winter

weathafella

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Allsnows cold regime will leave me at +7 or so after week 1, approaching +10 in other parts of New England.

When did i call for cold? Foliage is ahead of last year...and thats all i pretty much care about now....fall clean ups are a bit much in december when u have more then 4 customers

When did i call for cold? Foliage is ahead of last year...and thats all i pretty much care about now....fall clean ups are a bit much in december when u have more then 4 customers

When did you call for cold.........not a smart statement there Timothy after you constantly trolled me two weeks ago and kept calling for cold. Its there in the threads for all to see, I feel sorry for you that you have only 4 clients:( Must be tough to make ends meet, you should put up some pics in the lawn and garden thread......I would love to see your work!:)

When did you call for cold.........not a smart statement there Timothy after you constantly trolled me two weeks ago and kept calling for cold. Its there in the threads for all to see, I feel sorry for you that you have only 4 clients:( Must be tough to make ends meet, you should put up some pics in the lawn and garden thread......I would love to see your work!:)

I rather not exploit my clients on the internet, that has nothing to do with gaining potential new business.

Please give examples of my forecast for cold?

I rather not exploit my clients on the internet, that has nothing to do with gaining potential new business

As powder freak so eloquently said yesterday in response to you trolling me about my clients................. :axe: :axe:

Time to put you back on ignore, hey how about those Yankees!! Another good call there man, you take care of yourself Tim perhaps one day we can get along, all the best! :hug:

I think after next weekend's impressive cold shot (at least as modeled right now), we could torch pretty good for a while. I think DT's call of a torch across a lot of the CONUS may turn out pretty well. Though the midwest and Lakes are going to have to climb out from some pretty impressive negative departures through mid-month.

I think after next weekend's impressive cold shot (at least as modeled right now), we could torch pretty good for a while. I think DT's call of a torch across a lot of the CONUS may turn out pretty well. Though the midwest and Lakes are going to have to climb out from some pretty impressive negative departures through mid-month.

BUF is +5 through yesterday...so I think the negative departures would have to be fairly impressive for us to end up negative on the month, but we'll see. It's a very chilly 51 now after a low of 46 this morning.

Thankfully no one else sees that

Thankfully no one else sees that

Euro ensembles are pretty mild beyond mid month...for us, they have roughly +7C to +8C temps for days 12-15. Climo for that time of the year is about +5C.

The synoptic pattern supports the mild look as we see a return of some pretty low height anomalies in the GOA and AK itself. We are having a hard time totally eliminating the synoptic pattern that has plagued us since Spring of 2011...18 months now. We have shaken it up decently in the past 4-5 weeks, but it hasn't gotten totally snuffed out yet.

New op gfs give the middle finger to DT, at least along the northern 1/3 of the nation.

Hard to buy it, but that is an impresive cold shot for them. That area will definitely be the toughest to erase the negative departures through mid month anyway. The eastern plains and western lakes.

But I think we are looking pretty good in New England to go above normal for October....but still a lot of time for things to change. A 2009-esque cold shot in the final week would do a ton of damage.

Hard to buy it, but that is an impresive cold shot for them. That area will definitely be the toughest to erase the negative departures through mid month anyway. The eastern plains and western lakes.

But I think we are looking pretty good in New England to go above normal for October....but still a lot of time for things to change. A 2009-esque cold shot in the final week would do a ton of damage.

If you want to go out to pipe-smoking land, that shot will make it out there eventually. If it does happen like it does post 180 on the GFS, you guys should get some of it.

Current normals up here...

BTV (300ft)...62/43

MVL (730ft)...61/38

MPV (1200ft)...60/39

BTV has the same normal as ORH this time of the year...interesting. They can be sneaky warm before the cold season. I think in mid winter BTV is a solid 4F colder on their normal high than ORH (like 27 vs 31) but in summer, ORH is like a 79 versus BTV 81.

Archived