• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
Rocktober like the old days. Bridging to winter

weathafella

Yeah except the changeover in mid-morning. Euro said we'd stay all snow...but overall it def won. The NAM was an epic disaster in that one. I remember you and I were talking about the weenie Euro maps with the 900mb temps showing 0C just south of ORH and -1C over like Princeton in that...total red flag for a paste bomb.

Yeah I played around with heights there and it definitely had that wet snow signal for your area. That worked out well. It may have been too cold that morning, but compared to the NAM...it kicked ass.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah I played around with heights there and it definitely had that wet snow signal for your area. That worked out well. It may have been too cold that morning, but compared to the NAM...it kicked ass.

Yeah the NAM had that weird "no QPF" run or several runs where it had all the QPF in the Hudson valley....so bizarre. Euro really did well with that wet snow bomb signal for the high elevations. It doesn't get much more classic than 900mb temps of -1C over Princeton and 0C over about the MA pike south of ORH with 850 temps of -1 to -2C and sfc temps on the models in the 35F range. That screams 30-31F wet snow bomb over 800-1000 feet anywhere in N ORH county speaking for my specific area.

Eastern 2/23-24/10 storm thread before the storm obs

http://www.easternuswx.com/bb/index.php?/topic/225781-sne-22210-waiting-for-the-wheels-to-turn/page__st__40

kind of classic, lol....good times. Makes me long for winter to get here soon. Last year was pretty crappy. Even that season had a lot of events to track even if there was some disappointment.

"Theres THIRTEEN inches of new snow on the ground and it is snowing at 4 inches per hour!!!"

Just classic.

Yeah that is Cantore in his prime...he'll always be the favorite on air personality of my childhood. He didn't even try to mask it, he loved a big disruptive blizzard like all the weenies. I always hated how some on air mets would sympathize with the masses and talk about how much they hate cold and snow (I can understand why though), when secretly they loved it.

Cantore didn't care and he'd be on air saying this is awesome and how much he loves exciting weather events. For a kid obsessed with snow/storms, that's like idol status.

And the opposite of snow...

This morning it's 58F and thats a +20 for the min...though we will certainly have a lower temp before midnight.

Through the first 5 days of the month...

Here near MVL...+8.8F (two mins of 56F, warmer than our average July mins)

BTV...+7.4F

MPV....+6.0F

Our departures are the highest because MVL does good at radiating which lowers the climate norm...and if we can't radiate like in a moist humid pattern, the departures will be off the hook like they are. Three straight days of double digit positive departures...days like +2F on the high but +20F on the low averaging out to +10 to +13F.

Partly Sunny

Only a few more hours of warmth, been a heck of a first week but I am looking forward to finally getting some Autumnal weather starting tonight. Actually have some friends coming up tomorrow heading over to Colony Grille no kids, football, pizza and the finest pints of Guiness looks like perfect weather for it!

Yeah...we've never seen a warm 6 day stretch to start a month before. It was torchy, but as usual lately, we primarily did it via overnight mins.

Was just curious he made a post a couple days saying he was having +20++ overnight mins and he was 70+ degrees yesterday which is a bonafide torch during the day. Cool weather is going to feel nice before the warmth returns just past mid month, actually might sneak in a couple above normal days pre frontal passage next week too.

Ensembles sort of have it too. We may warm afterwards, but it's also getting to the point where CAD begins to be a factor if we don't have a 970 low into Albany.

I commented yesterday on that period being cold but i was told it was a torch so that is why i threw it in...........lol

Archived