• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    BlueSkyGA
    Newest Member
    BlueSkyGA
Summer update III: SNE region's 4 primary climo sites all remain solidly above normal as of the closing of July 14.

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep ..Crossgates. :) BTW , my father grew up in Bay Ridge on 70th St. near 8th Ave....

Sorry, Crossgates, not Crossroads, off the Thrurway located just below the exit for the Northway.

Near the area in Bay Ridge above, there's a good Greek restaurant called the Spartan and an Italian restaurant called New Corners. I live on 3rd Avenue at 100th Street, 1 block from Shore Road, and about 1/4 mile from the VZ bridge. Great view of SI, the Narrows, and the Upper and Lower NY Bays. Not a bad part of Brooklyn (there are some trees here), with a nice sb in the afternoon in the early summer off the lower NY Bay, and fairly easy access across SI on the SI Expressway(overlooking the $13 toll on the VZ bridge and traffic permitting) to less populated areas in central and northern NJ, but would prefer living in your area.

Well my Dad left BR in 1952...so been awhile, but you can still see their old building on google street at 801 70th st. :)

I was there in the 70's as a kid because one aunt still lived in that building.

Yeah Crossgates is on US-20 right there at the 87/90 split. I'm a quick 25 minute drive out 20 from there.....

Sorry, Crossgates, not Crossroads, off the Thrurway located just below the exit for the Northway.

Near the area in Bay Ridge above, there's a good Greek restaurant called the Spartan and an Italian restaurant called New Corners. I live on 3rd Avenue at 100th Street, 1 block from Shore Road, and about 1/4 mile from the VZ bridge. Great view of SI, the Narrows, and the Upper and Lower NY Bays. Not a bad part of Brooklyn (there are some trees here), with a nice sb in the afternoon in the early summer off the lower NY Bay, and fairly easy access across SI on the SI Expressway(overlooking the $13 toll on the VZ bridge and traffic permitting) to less populated areas in central and northern NJ, but would prefer living in your area.

Well my Dad left BR in 1952...so been awhile, but you can still see their old building on google street at 801 70th st. :)

I was there in the 70's as a kid because one aunt still lived in that building.

Yeah Crossgates is on US-20 right there at the 87/90 split. I'm a quick 25 minute drive out 20 from there.....

Yeah, that was a while ago. Fyi, contrary to popular belief, there have been a lot of changes in Brooklyn within the past 20 years for the better, including the proliferation of nice restaurants and food markets.

I usually get up to the Albany area several times a year. A fairly easy and fast drive on the Thruway, once past the GW Bridge (to get to the Thruway, will take either the Palisades or the Route 4/Garden State Parkway segment).

Do you realize that if a hurricane were to develop in early August and turn the corner on up the EC, it would have to be nearly abeam of NJ before it could weaken because of cooler waters - and since they tend to be moving along at ludicrous speed by the time they get up here, that pretty much means... yeah

2012072300_highResSst_NEC.png

smoked nothing but anvils here today despite the dire predictions.

Another amazing day, BSE2 rolls on and on and on and on..................................................................................................................................

I understand Scooter talk, this is a positive sign, August is going to be extremely uncomfortable for many.

I could see it getting wet at times, we are already seeing this now and mentioned it last week. I could see some very warm and humid weather no doubt but I bet hottest weather is behind us.

I could see it getting wet at times, we are already seeing this now and mentioned it last week. I could see some very warm and humid weather no doubt but I bet hottest weather is behind us.

87 /73 is hell too most, 95/55 is completely bearable.

I like another +3-+5 type month in August.

87 /73 is hell too most, 95/55 is completely bearable.

I like another +3-+5 type month in August.

I'm not near a computer so I really haven't looked at August. I could see some high 80s and high dews at times for sure. August can be the swamp month even if temps aren't high, but also cold fronts begin to make a stronger push.

I'm not near a computer so I really haven't looked at August. I could see some high 80s and high dews at times for sure. August can be the swamp month even if temps aren't high, but also cold fronts begin to make a stronger push.

Are you guys up at the lake?

Archived