• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    BlueSkyGA
    Newest Member
    BlueSkyGA
Summer update II: As of July 10, SNE region's 4 primary climo sites are all solidly above normal nearing mid July

Typhoon Tip

Yeah it's not like that thread was actually off-topic....more like a few folks at BWI trying for some laughs. And none that then posted in it ever have any interest in skiing...lol.

It's ironic that powers of the board can put on a highly educational and professional conference, as well as try to recruit new pro mets to post, and yet then pull childish stuff like that.

At least it is plain as day that there is a campaign against me as well as the New England sub-forum. Petty little people with petty little lives doing petty little crimes. Our own Etaunton is in on it so know thy enemy.

Internet forums are serious bidness

You aren't a very creative person. You're a sheep, a follower. Why are you in here? To stir the pot? To curry favor? I've let your posts slide because I'd rather not have a battle of wits with an unarmed man. Bad form.

What's disappointing is that there was obviously an intention to put Pete's favorites thread in Ot where he knowingly cannot post. While I dont condone what he has done before, that move was beyond childish.

It's because they are total wussies. They can't get to me using the language. They can't ban me for any true infraction, I've never made one. They have to resort to dirty pool. I see this as a total victory. They've made asses out of themselves in front of our whole sub-forum. This transparent maneuver shows how badly the haters want to get to me. It also shows how vacant their lives must be.lol I'm glad you guys see it so clearly. Remember this when my eventual assassination comes. The great thing is, I'll still have a fabulous time living it up while they remain mired in their own sh*t. Remember me when it snows.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pete this has nothing to do with you directly. This has everything to do with the amount of off topic threads/banter and cross forum trolling. I'm tired of this **** that has gone on far too long. We have a banter thread that we can post in. I suggest posting in there. The other threads that are "weather" related (lawn/golf/ski) imo and others are not truly weather discussions and therefore should be limited to our one banter thread or strictly in the off topic forum. Its taken me time to grow into this position and I belive removing these form our subforum is in the best interest of this site for its future.

Guys...we don't need this crap in weather threads. We'll figure all of this out in the coming days, but we have the staff forum down because of the conference. Until then just chillax.

Brian, I respect you. You have always been decent and level headed with me. I'm looking to you for leadership on this. The agenda here is clear. I trust you will rectify this untenable situation. This will be my last post in this thread on this subject.

Pete this has nothing to do with you directly. This has everything to do with the amount of off topic threads/banter and cross forum trolling. I'm tired of this **** that has gone on far too long. We have a banter thread that we can post in. I suggest posting in there. The other threads that are "weather" related (lawn/golf/ski) imo and others are not truly weather discussions and therefore should be limited to our one banter thread or strictly in the off topic forum. Its taken me time to grow into this position and I belive removing these form our subforum is in the best interest of this site for its future.

Bob, and let me be direct, I think you are a weasel of the highest order. I am not alone in this opinion. You have grown into nothing, this is a clear case of "give an a**hole a badge". This was a pure vendetta as many have noted. The ski season thread was the most viewed and long running thread in our sub-forum. The only cross forum trolling came from your buddies down there. Those of us that participate in the thread were minding our own business in our own sub-forum. What an absolutely idiotic contention that you are removing the ski season thread "in the best interest of this site for its future". You're a screwball dude. Oh, want to reply? Do it in the banter thread.

So this morning you're a participant in the ot banter, by the evening you've grown into your position and got **** tired of it. And moving Pete's thread where he couldn't see it after trolling it had nothing to do with him directly. Sounds reasonable.

Brian, I respect you. You have always been decent and level headed with me. I'm looking to you for leadership on this. The agenda here is clear. I trust you will rectify this untenable situation. This will be my last post in this thread on this subject.

Let's not all hurt each other's feelings. This isn't a case of bad cop; good cop. We're always trying to do what is best for the forum and the community as a whole so we'll discuss that over the coming days.

The other threads that are "weather" related (lawn/golf/ski) imo and others are not truly weather discussions and therefore should be limited to our one banter thread or strictly in the off topic forum. Its taken me time to grow into this position and I belive removing these form our subforum is in the best interest of this site for its future.

Violently disagree with your last sentence dude. It's a New England weather forum and we are looking to talk about how weather directly impacts the recreational sport of skiing/snowboarding in New England.

If you read through last years thread I think you will find plenty of weather related posts regarding temps, snowfall and how it all relates to a sport that is quite popular in New England.

Off-Topic in this forum has literally nothing to do with weather and I fail to see how moving these specialized threads to off-topic makes the boards better.

You were the one saying sub-forums are better than the old super threads because you can make more specialized threads/topics related to weather, and now change your tune because you moved Pete's ski thread to off-topic.

Plus, you posted a bit in last years thread and never had a problem at all with it.

I still wish I started the thread two days ago when I was thinking about it because none of this wouldve happened. We all know this was because Pete started the thread. It was obvious within the first 6 posts all from folks who never posted in the old ski thread or had any interest in it.

It's because they are total wussies. They can't get to me using the language. They can't ban me for any true infraction, I've never made one. They have to resort to dirty pool. I see this as a total victory. They've made asses out of themselves in front of our whole sub-forum. This transparent maneuver shows how badly the haters want to get to me. It also shows how vacant their lives must be.lol I'm glad you guys see it so clearly. Remember this when my eventual assassination comes. The great thing is, I'll still have a fabulous time living it up while they remain mired in their own sh*t. Remember me when it snows.

Bob, and let me be direct, I think you are a weasel of the highest order. I am not alone in this opinion. You have grown into nothing, this is a clear case of "give an a**hole a badge". This was a pure vendetta as many have noted. The ski season thread was the most viewed and long running thread in our sub-forum. The only cross forum trolling came from your buddies down there. Those of us that participate in the thread were minding our own business in our own sub-forum. What an absolutely idiotic contention that you are removing the ski season thread "in the best interest of this site for its future". You're a screwball dude. Oh, want to reply? Do it in the banter thread.

Weather Forum Rules

• No politics/religious discussion
  • No foul language
  • No personal attacks/OT arguing
  • Try to stay on topic
  • Attack the idea, not the poster
  • Spell out your forecast/thinking/opposing viewpoint clearly
  • If you post a map, explain it
  • Keep banter to a minimum during Storm Mode* (see below)

I find ski MRG's posts to be very offensive and in direct violation of the TOS. Just sayin'.

Violently disagree with your last sentence dude. It's a New England weather forum and we are looking to talk about how weather directly impacts the recreational sport of skiing/snowboarding in New England.

If you read through last years thread I think you will find plenty of weather related posts regarding temps, snowfall and how it all relates to a sport that is quite popular in New England.

Off-Topic in this forum has literally nothing to do with weather and I fail to see how moving these specialized threads to off-topic makes the boards better.

You were the one saying sub-forums are better than the old super threads because you can make more specialized threads/topics related to weather, and now change your tune because you moved Pete's ski thread to off-topic.

Plus, you posted a bit in last years thread and never had a problem at all with it.

I still wish I started the thread two days ago when I was thinking about it because none of this wouldve happened. We all know this was because Pete started the thread. It was obvious within the first 6 posts all from folks who never posted in the old ski thread or had any interest in it.

I try to avoid the drama, but seriously. Pete's thread was quickly becoming a stupid fest, and it doesn't matter who started it (I know it was becasue Pete started the thread...I mean it doesn't matter when it became a stupid thread). The conference is no time for mods/admins to deal with drama. I like the SNE ski season thread, and as wise man just said, they'll figure it out after the conference.

Weather Forum Rules

• No foul language
  • Try to stay on topic

I find ski MRG's posts to be very offensive and in direct violation of the TOS. Just sayin'.

It really is true. Anytime a non-New England regular posts in this forum it is about Pete.

Weather Forum Rules

• No foul language
  • Try to stay on topic

U really find them offensive? Are you 12 yet?

64/61, another beautiful Summer night here on the east slope of the Berkshires. Looking forward to getting some more rain. This mornings activity was a nice bonus surprise. Who are all these cross forum trolls in here? I sure hope Sheriff Bob rides in here and cleans the thread up.

Take Brian's advice dude, the guy is a MA troll wanna be. Let it go. Keep it predominately weather related. Hoping everyone gets a good soaking rain over the next 24-36 hours.

It was hot here in Nova Scotia, close to 90, but low dews. Driving back home tomorrow, hoping my grass is not all burned. Around 65 here now with a nice breeze.

Lol @ bob's posts explanation. seems like those setting examples are making decisions for our subforum influenced by other regions and the explanations seem condratictory. I mean does this not seem obvious to anyone else? Anyhow dews increasing tonite and kevs sick wx is on doorstep. Hope he has a nice swamp ass am run

64/61, another beautiful Summer night here on the east slope of the Berkshires. Looking forward to getting some more rain. This mornings activity was a nice bonus surprise. Who are all these cross forum trolls in here? I sure hope Sheriff Bob rides in here and cleans the thread up.

Might be tough. Not to "model hug", as the pop phrase goes, but they have been backing off.

As far as the heat goes (lower els - haha), the original signals from a few days back appear to have been muted some, but only so much as big heat chances. What's really painted is general height rises at least through D3. As that happens, the 'back off' has merit - but doesn't mean one can't get a backyard spot gully washer.

Archived