• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    BlueSkyGA
    Newest Member
    BlueSkyGA
Summer update II: As of July 10, SNE region's 4 primary climo sites are all solidly above normal nearing mid July

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

KALB has had nine 90+ days this year. Yesterday may have made 10.

Meanwhile only two here.

But the vast bulk of ALB's 90+ has been in the very low 90's....

We really have. It's just been consistently warm, but looking at the temp departures...you would have thought way more 90F temps as compared to 2 this month. We've been banging this drum for a while..since June. Night temps have killed Logan, but look at the list of highs. Those temps aren't very impressive. Humidity has also been kept in check for now.

A throwback summer for me. Most my age remember this one as similar to those of our growing up years. Wx has been spectacular. I've added several vacation days to spend at the lake in NH.

Where on the Lake? I'm up there a lot now that my parents got a little place there.

Bastardi keep claiming we are back in the 50's with the 60's to come. :)

My early childhood mind has a few memories of the tail end of that snowy period of the 60's/early 70's ...but of course we are talking summers here.

A throwback summer for me. Most my age remember this one as similar to those of our growing up years. Wx has been spectacular. I've added several vacation days to spend at the lake in NH.

KALB has had nine 90+ days this year. Yesterday may have made 10.

Meanwhile only two here.

But the vast bulk of ALB's 90+ has been in the very low 90's....

Rick, your summer adjusted for elevation appears to hotter than mine so far. It would appear that 150 mile closer proximity to the mid country dethroning ridge is the reason? Boston has had 2 AOA 90 days in July (yesterday was one) and 4 in June for a total of 6.

Where on the Lake? I'm up there a lot now that my parents got a little place there.

Not the big one. My friend has a well appointed camp on Pine River Pond in Wakefield, NH, about 20 miles east of Wolfboro. Beautiful lake and the economy has thinned out. The rowdy a holes who bought during the boom overextending themselves. We've spent time there every summer going back 20 years. The typical day is breakfast, hike, swim, read, eat, drink, sleep in that order.

Not the big one. My friend has a well appointed camp on Pine River Pond in Wakefield, NH, about 20 miles east of Wolfboro. Beautiful lake and the economy has thinned out. The rowdy a holes who bought during the boom overextending themselves. We've spent time there every summer going back 20 years. The typical day is breakfast, hike, swim, read, eat, drink, sleep in that order.

Oh I know where that is. Nice place. I love it up there. I try to go up as often as I can. We are on the Center Harbor/Moultonboro line on Winni. FYI, there is a nice place to hike by Squam (which is probably my favorite lake of all). Rattlesnake mtn...which is only about 1200' above sea level. Views are epic though.

I'm getting 83.6/64 here. I call almost 84* a hot day, and the dp certainly points to the humid side of the scale.

But, there's a nice breeze blowing, so sitting on the deck in the shade is down-right comfy. Taking a break from mowing--sad time of year to mow. Mowing on the 4" setting more just to keep things at a uniform height than anything else. Bring on the rain.......

I'm getting 83.6/64 here. I call almost 84* a hot day, and the dp certainly points to the humid side of the scale.

But, there's a nice breeze blowing, so sitting on the deck in the shade is down-right comfy. Taking a break from mowing--sad time of year to mow. Mowing on the 4" setting more just to keep things at a uniform height than anything else. Bring on the rain.......

4? Holy heck

4? Holy heck

Yes..you absolutely raise the blade as high as it can go..4 inches is the summer recommended height.

1)It helps prevent grass from burning

2) Keeps disease and insects out

3)Longer grass chokes out weeds.

I always laugh when i see people cutting their lawns at like 1.5-2 inches..That's the absolute worst thing you could do for a lawn.

Dews on a scorched tarmac are going to be lower than areas that have trees, grass and vegetation. Both sensors are correct for the environments they are in. That cannot be argued

Hail Memorial Middle School, Tolland,ct has current temp of 85 with a 59 dew.

Yes..you absolutely raise the blade as high as it can go..4 inches is the summer recommended height.

1)It helps prevent grass from burning

2) Keeps disease and insects out

3)Longer grass chokes out weeds.

I always laugh when i see people cutting their lawns at like 1.5-2 inches..That's the absolute worst thing you could do for a lawn.

The kids would lose their balls in the grass, oh wait.

Probably so Jerry... Go further west toward BUF and they are really feeling the heat this Summer. Lake Erie near record sst levels, etc.

Rick, your summer adjusted for elevation appears to hotter than mine so far. It would appear that 150 mile closer proximity to the mid country dethroning ridge is the reason? Boston has had 2 AOA 90 days in July (yesterday was one) and 4 in June for a total of 6.

We are going to Woodwards, off route 93, near Lincoln, NH for the hike club weekend this year. It's Oct 26-28 so we got a $78 double rate that includes a full breakfast.

Probably still good Fall hiking wx, but wouldn't bother me if we had some early season snow. :)

Oh I know where that is. Nice place. I love it up there. I try to go up as often as I can. We are on the Center Harbor/Moultonboro line on Winni. FYI, there is a nice place to hike by Squam (which is probably my favorite lake of all). Rattlesnake mtn...which is only about 1200' above sea level. Views are epic though.

I dunno who the great brain was that decided we should put all our main wx sensors near airport tarmacs. Might have made logistical sense, but pollutes all the readings.

Dews on a scorched tarmac are going to be lower than areas that have trees, grass and vegetation. Both sensors are correct for the environments they are in. That cannot be argued

Archived