• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    BlueSkyGA
    Newest Member
    BlueSkyGA
Summer update II: As of July 10, SNE region's 4 primary climo sites are all solidly above normal nearing mid July

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dews have been over 70 at many home stations today. It's TP weather

And many home stations failed to hit 90F too. Lots of 85-89F stuff but a lot of home stations may have trouble reaching heat wave criteria.

Again, it looks suspect if you are taking dew points from home stations and yet high temps from ASOS to push your high heat and humidity agenda.

Official dew points never got above the mid 60s in SNE today except immediate south coast.

75/65, a high of 84. Just another "living is easy" summer afternoon. Where is all this horrible heat that was supposed leave many of us dead? A warmish day at best.

It was certainly hot... no doubt about that. But with 20-30% RH the heat index is actually lower than the temperature, lol. Evaporational cooling on the skin surface FTW.

Also, don't let him fool you. You hit a high of 84F and looking at the mesomap there are two stations in Tolland that are showing highs of 85F and 86F. Your weather may not be as different as your two opinions of it are, haha.

Went out to eat for a clam dinner on the deck, cool breeze, then went fishing. Cloudy and getting muggier now. The south coast was tropical today, nothing like the interior.

Raw clams or cooked? What was the libation?

Got a little muggy this evening with dews in the mid to upper 60s but nothing to write home about.

Raw clams or cooked? What was the libation?

Got a little muggy this evening with dews in the mid to upper 60s but nothing to write home about.

Fried whole belly, Magic Hat #9 . Euro Ens fully on board for a return to BSE weather. Bottle it up and lock it up. So nice to have Yankees baseball back on.

7943432d.jpg

It was certainly hot... no doubt about that. But with 20-30% RH the heat index is actually lower than the temperature, lol. Evaporational cooling on the skin surface FTW.

Also, don't let him fool you. You hit a high of 84F and looking at the mesomap there are two stations in Tolland that are showing highs of 85F and 86F. Your weather may not be as different as your two opinions of it are, haha.

Our wx is very similar. He gets like 10-20 more inches of snow than me. Both heavily wooded and near 1000 feet

Fried whole belly, Magic Hat #9 . Euro Ens fully on board for a return to BSE weather. Bottle it up and lock it up. So nice to have Yankees baseball back on.

7943432d.jpg

Great to have the bombers back! Tex is hitting his stride, man he really sucks lol

overcast

Please don't insult me. Drawing a comparison of GC to Blizz's little coastal plateau is like me comparing Stowe to Powder Ridge, CT.. From the beauty of our terrain, to the seasonal snowfall, to the quality of our people, we beat that Lesco lawned bump hands down.

Our wx is very similar. He gets like 10-20 more inches of snow than me. Both heavily wooded and near 1000 feet

Please. You live below 1k, I live at 1400', in a valley surrounded by higher terrain. 10-20? you average 55" according to Will, I'm about 80". You're really looking ridiculous now Blizz, just stop now.

Please don't insult me. Drawing a comparison of GC to Blizz's little coastal plateau is like me comparing Stowe to Powder Ridge, CT.. From the beauty of our terrain, to the seasonal snowfall, to the quality of our people, we beat that Lesco lawned bump hands down.

All I'm saying is your that your high temps based on the PWS in the area, are not all that different. As Blizz said, around 1,000ft and forested and you are both in interior SNE, it makes sense that they are similar. You should be about 2F cooler for daytime highs due to an extra 400ft, and the laws of thermodynamics appear to work seeing as you were 84F and the Tolland PWS I looked at was 86F.

All I'm saying is your that your high temps based on the PWS in the area, are not all that different. As Blizz said, around 1,000ft and forested and you are both in interior SNE, it makes sense that they are similar. You should be about 2F cooler for daytime highs due to an extra 400ft, and the laws of thermodynamics appear to work seeing as you were 84F and the Tolland PWS I looked at was 86F.

It's a repulsive comparison. I feel dirty from just reading it. I'm going to need another shower.

Dropping like a rock again tonight as soon as the sun went behind Mansfield's ridgeline. Already around 20F cooler (or mild down) than the high this afternoon as its currently 72F off a high of 91F... overnight lows should be similar to last night somewhere near 50F and the window fans are doing their job nicely.

Gorgeous, what's the water temp? Saw Cobia caught around here, amazing.

84 yesterday did not check today.

LIS water temps are ridiculous, always loved going out to the GS as a kid fishing off Murrels inlet, talk about a different world

Gorgeous, what's the water temp? Saw Cobia caught around here, amazing.

Pops flying down tomorrow, he is so excited to go back home, go to nws type in pawleys island and look at that 7 day, peeps always make the mistake of thinking its too hot on the sand down there, truth be told it will be hotter here, and the SB down there kicks azz, you gotta go Ginx, its right up your alley.

Dropping like a rock again tonight as soon as the sun went behind Mansfield's ridgeline. Already around 20F cooler (or mild down) than the high this afternoon as its currently 72F off a high of 91F... overnight lows should be similar to last night somewhere near 50F and the window fans are doing their job nicely.

It's 72.5F here off a high of 85.4F with an overnight low of 63F. It would be nice to drop into the 50's at night but it seems the higher hills stay warmer at night than the valley locations. I don't have central A/C only a few window units, but it's still bearable in places that don't have it like my office.

Pops flying down tomorrow, he is so excited to go back home, go to nws type in pawleys island and look at that 7 day, peeps always make the mistake of thinking its too hot on the sand down there, truth be told it will be hotter here, and the SB down there kicks azz, you gotta go Ginx, its right up your alley.

Absolutely, I loved Cape Hatteras, am sure I would love it there. Sharks do not scare me. Seen lots of them over the years.

You mean there are sharks in all the ocean waters?

MRG is afraid of sharks:)

We used to race from a buoy back to shore every morning when I lifeguarded. One guy could never beat me, one morning he goes flying by me screaming shark, I turned around to see a 6-7 foot blue cruising behind us. First and last time he ever beat me. LOL

You must have had clear skies...we had cloud cover today in Westchester and only made it to 86.2F. Looks like some rain showers now approaching NYC and may clip the South Coast.

We used to race from a buoy back to shore every morning when I lifeguarded. One guy could never beat me, one morning he goes flying by me screaming shark, I turned around to see a 6-7 foot blue cruising behind us. First and last time he ever beat me. LOL

LOL thats a great story.

When I was 19 and a Junior at Coastal Carolina, my mom and I were walking down the beach near Ocean Ave N, nice little oasis in the hell that is called Myrtle, actually to be fair back in the day and still today there are some little spots that are yet not concrete jungles. Anyways, we were walking and just chilling looking for sand dollars we both happend to look to our left at the ocean and a blue came out of the water right in the shore break as it was high tide. He lept a good 3 ft after a school of bait fish, it was one of the most beautiful and awesome things I had ever seen, I think the bait was Halibut, they were jumpers...........cool stuff. My mom and I still kid about that as she is incredibly afraid of the ocean, yet spends all of her time on the sand...irony.

Archived