• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    BlueSkyGA
    Newest Member
    BlueSkyGA
Summer update II: As of July 10, SNE region's 4 primary climo sites are all solidly above normal nearing mid July

Typhoon Tip

BUT the extreme drought across the central (and really the majority of country being in a drought) is very impressive, and the ongoing incredible above normal weather is also insane.

Yeah it's at least something to look at and monitor but it would also be nice to have a few interesting active weather events to follow locally.

I think what the heat in the rest of the nation does is make me think how lucky we are in New England...at least so far this summer. Sure it's been normal to above, but relatively speaking it's been cool. Sort of like when MRG compares his spot to the rest of SNE and says it's cool, if New England compares itself to west and south of here, it's been a relatively pleasant summer.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah it's at least something to look at and monitor but it would also be nice to have a few interesting active weather events to follow locally.

I think what the heat in the rest of the nation does is make me think how lucky we are in New England...at least so far this summer. Sure it's been normal to above, but relatively speaking it's been cool. Sort of like when MRG compares his spot to the rest of SNE and says it's cool, if New England compares itself to west and south of here, it's been a relatively pleasant summer.

Very true. Though mid 90s all the way to boston on Tue into Wed look likely...with very humid conditions..so a step back from the pleasant weather next week

If we got some rain, this would be an almost perfect summer...

...well, rain, plus some sort of blight that destroyed the deer fly population. OMG they suck

They are brutal this year. Never seen anything like it. Apparently dry conditions don't effect their breeding. I have abandoned my wooded dog walking route and we're sticking to the roads.

If we don't get hit and miss storms Sunday and am overnight fropa next Thurs which generally means dry. This could go down as one of the driest Julys ever for many in SNE. The nice weather is one thing but deadly drought and lawn burnage is quite another. The pattern looks brutally rain free thru end of month aside from the lucky towns that pop a storm Sunday/ Monday

If we don't get hit and miss storms Sunday and am overnight fropa next Thurs which generally means dry. This could go down as one of the driest Julys ever for many in SNE. The nice weather is one thing but deadly drought and lawn burnage is quite another. The pattern looks brutally rain free thru end of month aside from the lucky towns that pop a storm Sunday/ Monday

Deadly? Can not remember a summer when lawns did not go into dormancy and dry up but with you it's always the extreme. It's been super dry for sure especially with the low Dews which return Thursday.

The nice weather is one thing but deadly drought and lawn burnage is quite another.

Deadly drought? Who is dying in New England right now because of this? Certainly not the deer flies.

And we live a pretty cushy life if lawn burnage is a big concern...I still have a hard time wrapping my head around that being such a (gasp!) problem.

Keep the hype coming though because it's not fun to talk about the weather unless people are dying or it's the most extreme event ever ;)

Deadly? Can not remember a summer when lawns did not go into dormancy and dry up but with you it's always the extreme. It's been super dry for sure especially with the low Dews which return Thursday.

Theres been a lot of dickism aimed twds me today by some likely and some unlikely culprits . Maybe 5-6 days of 70+ dews is making folks irritable , but it kind of sucks

Yaeah 65-68 instead of 70-72.

Theres been a lot of dickism aimed twds me today by some likely and some unlikely culprits . Maybe 5-6 days of 70+ dews is making folks irritable , but it kind of sucks

Perhaps your over zealous use of extreme adjectives? Explain deadly? Lots of dead squito larvae from dried up standing water?

Many places could make a run at 100 next week

This should be one big reason why temps fall safely short of 100 degrees next week across new england...I wouldnt even push DC past 100 on tue or wed. It will certainly feel like it is well over 100 though!

I don't like to take sides in the hot/cold spin deal...it is what it is...but dude sometimes the constant extreme stuff gets old.

Deadly drought? I'm still trying to figure out who or what is dying besides some suburban lawns.

Archived