Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
Northeast Severe/Convective/Thunder thread V

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They looked great right from the get go.

A buddy driving home just called and is on his third reroute to try and get home to southern Chittenden County south of BTV from Waterbury area... all fun stuff aside it sounds like there are a lot of trees down on many of the country roads in the path of that storm. That sounds like a pretty impressive path for strong winds from the lake into the mountains.

A buddy driving home just called and is on his third reroute to try and get home to southern Chittenden County south of BTV from Waterbury area... all fun stuff aside it sounds like there are a lot of trees down on many of the country roads in the path of that storm. That sounds like a pretty impressive path for strong winds from the lake into the mountains.

ASOUT

What are you thinking for down here scooter lapooter?

:scooter:

Well I'm not really looking at much other than radar since I'm just on the phone. Western ct might be a little too far west but it will come down to just watching radar and seeing if storms are able to develop near Albany as far as you go.

Sounds of distant thunder here in northeastern MA (North Andover/Boxford/Middleton corner). Radar shows a loose line of storms moving down from the north west heading right towards us, having worked their way down from NH. The nature of the storm has changed from the big red blob north of Concord NH a few hours ago to a string of smaller red blobs.

Yeah that storm looked awesome.

I just asked b/c helicty is fairly impressive here so if we were to see a discrete cell that can bust the cap it could go wild

I think any severe is becoming increasingly unlikely for CT. CIN is increasing per SPC mesoanalysis and now even the low level lapse rates are unimpressive. You'd need serious forcing at this point to take advantage of all that shear.

Would love to be proven wrong on this, though.

I think any severe is becoming increasingly unlikely for CT. CIN is increasing per SPC mesoanalysis and now even the low level lapse rates are unimpressive. You'd need serious forcing at this point to take advantage of all that shear.

Would love to be proven wrong on this, though.

On my phone now at Prospect Pizza so hard to look at lots of stuff but yeah I agree...this cap just not breaking here and that cluster is sendin off latent heat in the mlvl hurting us more probably...only hope is that it continues to ride Along its cold pool and stronger shear and can survive

Radar out of gray showed a tornado signature with that storm as it was passing over South Portland and Scarborough. obviously it wasn't a tornado just rotation in the storm. I was standing in the parking lot outside my office and was watching it and the 1st thing I thought of was to bad Wiz couldn't see this.

Hefty thunderstorm just leaving Portland ME area. Frequent lightening, approx. 40 MPH winds, and some torrential rain.

Radar out of gray showed a tornado signature with that storm as it was passing over South Portland and Scarborough. obviously it wasn't a tornado just rotation in the storm. I was standing in the parking lot outside my office and was watching it and the 1st thing I thought of was to bad Wiz couldn't see this.

I always miss the good stuff :(

I'm at Prospect Pizza just having a couple pitchers and I. Was outside on the phone and I saw lightning...or it may have been fireworks but I'll say lightning

I'd say fireworks but there is something approaching us from the NW.....may scoot by just south of here....I'm outside looking that way and haven't seen any lightning....too far...

c6e4c998-f23e-77c8.jpg

NWUS51 KGYX 050141

LSRGYX

PRELIMINARY LOCAL STORM REPORT

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE GRAY ME

941 PM EDT WED JUL 04 2012

..TIME... ...EVENT... ...CITY LOCATION... ...LAT.LON...

..DATE... ....MAG.... ..COUNTY LOCATION..ST.. ...SOURCE....

..REMARKS..

0628 PM HAIL 5 SSE GREENWOOD 44.25N 70.63W

07/04/2012 E0.25 INCH OXFORD ME TRAINED SPOTTER

&&

EVENT NUMBER GYX1200141

$$

MC

Archived