Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
Northeast Severe/Convective/Thunder thread V

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Storm in Stamford was a monster. Nice TBSS and a sweet descending hail core. Should be dropping quarters near the Merritt on the Greenwich/Stamford line.

Beautiful site to my nw w then sw as that passed by, sun out all the while here which made it look even more impressive.

500mb heights have started to fall the past few hours and looks like some cooling aloft will be cooling shortly. 0-6km shear starting to increase as well as helicity with still ample amounts of instability. Supercell parameter also going up. Will be interesting to see what goes on over the next hour or two.

Why no watch for NNE? The SPC is so bizarre sometimes.

These are lower end, but plains-like storms. nasty, at least scattered borderline severe. I don't understand it, but I'm guessing it is due to risk versus verification constraints.

These are lower end, but plains-like storms. nasty, at least scattered borderline severe. I don't understand it, but I'm guessing it is due to risk versus verification constraints.

Some of these storms have been beasts. They are so odd sometimes.

It cracks me up that so many mets basically outsource all their severe forecasting to the SPC.

Some of these storms have been beasts. They are so odd sometimes.

It cracks me up that so many mets basically outsource all their severe forecasting to the SPC.

It is verification scores that drive the forecasts, correct? More so than priv firms. Speaking of measures of accountability, to some degree.

Archived