Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
JULY 2012 Severe Weather /Convection Discussion

NEG NAO

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like the NYC metro will miss out on the storms today the ones in the mid Hudson valley seem to be weakening as they move se hopefully something changes later but doesn't look good as of now!!!!

Lmao...thanks jake...some how it will regroup and nail Isotherms....we keep on dodging them here

I'm so sick of the bad luck. Every time it looks as if a good storm is coming right at us, it either weakens at the last minute or takes a last minute dive to the south towards central Middlesex county. There is something about northern Middlesex county that repels storms. I can't remember the last time I got a truly strong storm here in Piscataway.

I'm so sick of the bad luck. Every time it looks as if a good storm is coming right at us, it either weakens at the last minute or takes a last minute dive to the south towards central Middlesex county. There is something about northern Middlesex county that repels storms. I can't remember the last time I got a truly strong storm here in Piscataway.

I'd estimate it was probably the summer of 2008, since I hadn't moved here quite yet. I'll be gone soon - no worries. lol.

@winterwx21- you havent experienced bad luck until you live where i live in southwest suffolk county. Ive not seen severe weather in years here. I know how you feel though. I meam eventually the tides gotta turn right? Lol. But seriously we still got a solid 2 months of possible severe weather until all hope is lost or what ever is left from here on out

this storm is probably about 5 miles to the north of me, maybe raining in Somerville but not in Belle Mead lots of thunder and dark to the north but this puppy is sliding across and to the north of me

I am just to the south of you, Warlock. I too heard thunder with that storm. It looks like it dramatically weakened as it headed off to our east. Looks like some cells heading this way from E PA. They appear to have weakened slightly over the last 20-30 minutes or so.

Archived