BlueSkyGA
    Newest Member
    BlueSkyGA
July 2012 General Discussion

Tropical

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I remember a few years back we had a really cool and wet summer, so I went and looked up the data. In MLI they only had 7 90+ days that whole year (2008), and the hottest temp for the whole year was only 92 lol. Seems almost unimaginable that it could be that way now the way this summer is going. Hell we were warmer than that by 10am last Saturday.

I remember a few years back we had a really cool and wet summer, so I went and looked up the data.  In MLI they only had 7 90+ days that whole year (2008), and the hottest temp for the whole year was only 92 lol.  Seems almost unimaginable that it could be that way now the way this summer is going.  Hell we were warmer than that by 10am last Saturday.

LAF only had 6 in 2008. So far we have at least 25 this year but could be slightly higher as there is some missing data.

I remember a few years back we had a really cool and wet summer, so I went and looked up the data. In MLI they only had 7 90+ days that whole year (2008), and the hottest temp for the whole year was only 92 lol. Seems almost unimaginable that it could be that way now the way this summer is going. Hell we were warmer than that by 10am last Saturday.

2008 was the perfect summer if you hate the heat. Milwaukee didn't even reach 90 degrees once, only the 5th time that ever happened.

@DLL. Mosquitoes are very hard to come by around here! Haven't seen one since the heat wave started. Actually they start dying off around 95°,plus the drier it is the easier they croke off!

Yeah pretty much no mosquitoes here, I was sitting down by the lake for hours yesterday and didn't see one. Spiders seem to be doing well this year though, and I've got a few spider bites to show for that.

Made it down to 57 °F this morning but already up to 85 °F. Similar to an October cold front in Miami.

ORD has topped out at 91 thus far today...26th 90+ day of the year.

Even if ORD averages only one 90+ degree day per week through the end of august, 2012 will still finish top 10 in Chicago's most 90+ degree days.

Archived