Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
Northeast Severe/Convective/Thunder thread III

CoastalWx

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Static build up from Pete's hair caused his electrical assault. Although, I wonder if these were real close strikes, or weenie 1.5 mile close strikes. Lightning data had strikes there, but wasn't too prolific.

Nah, they were in tight. Simultaneous flash and crash. The sound was just awesome, cracklingair and then a deep concussion. Hail as well. Nice pics from Wxmanmitch. Where do you get your lightning data?

Nah, they were in tight. Simultaneous flash and crash. The sound was just awesome, cracklingair and then a deep concussion. Hail as well. Nice pics from Wxmanmitch. Where do you get your lightning data?

It's actually from here at work. We bought a vendor that produced lightning data and now we have lightning detection almost world wide...obviously a little more sparse in some areas of the world where we can't get every strike. I did notice a concentration in an area where I assume your 2k site is.

It's actually from here at work. We bought a vendor that produced lightning data and now we have lightning detection almost world wide...obviously a little more sparse in some areas of the world where we can't get every strike. I did notice a concentration in an area where I assume your 2k site is.

It really was a pretty good one. Anywhere the general public can see strikes over the last few hours? I thought I had saved a link once but I can't find it. Here at the house my wife said there was heavy rain and some hail but no real exciting lightning show.

It really was a pretty good one. Anywhere the general public can see strikes over the last few hours? I thought I had saved a link once but I can't find it. Here at the house my wife said there was heavy rain and some hail but no real exciting lightning show.

I thought wunderground had something like that?

It's amazing how great the technology is. With level 2 nexrad data and real-time lightning data we get from WSI I can actually watch a core explode in a suspended updraft (before it even starts to rain) then within minutes you see CG strikes popping up everywhere.

I don't know how I lived without GR2. It's almost an addiction.

It's amazing how great the technology is. With level 2 nexrad data and real-time lightning data we get from WSI I can actually watch a core explode in a suspended updraft (before it even starts to rain) then within minutes you see CG strikes popping up everywhere.

I gotta get GR2.

Is it really that good?

Archived