• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
E PA/NJ/DE/NE MD: Banter thread

You guys are acting like the precip backed off for only New Castle County, lol. HPC has .25-.50 for the southern part of the area now, that's it, including DE. And it's not like you guys didn't see any rain at all last night. If you think DE is dry, try going out to Indiana, and surrounding areas, you'll complain a hell of a lot less. This is summer, you know, everyday isn't a washout.

Hey man, everything is cool. Dont' worry: I don't believe that I'm entitled to anything weather-wise.

I wonder if the mismatch between my expectations and reality is in how I am supposed to interpret the NWS point forecast. When I see that up to half to three-quarters of an inch of rain is possible, logically I understand that it means anywhere from 0 to .75 inches. But shouldn't that also mean that there's at least a 50% chance that we'll see 0.625 inches? Maybe I really should not interpret in this manner.

I am just remarking on a situation that I thought was interesting, weather-wise. When expectations are high and turnout is low, it's kinda interesting. Although I have to say that I prefer the opposite!

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey man, everything is cool. Dont' worry: I don't believe that I'm entitled to anything weather-wise.

I wonder if the mismatch between my expectations and reality is in how I am supposed to interpret the NWS point forecast. When I see that up to half to three-quarters of an inch of rain is possible, logically I understand that it means anywhere from 0 to .75 inches. But shouldn't that also mean that there's at least a 50% chance that we'll see 0.625 inches? Maybe I really should not interpret in this manner.

I am just remarking on a situation that I thought was interesting, weather-wise. When expectations are high and turnout is low, it's kinda interesting. Although I have to say that I prefer the opposite!

All good man, I was just sayin. It is amazing though how most models dumped on us all today, even HPC had 2 inches mostly region wide, then today just about nothing.

Band in south central and west pa really starting to get it's act together. there is some stronger forcing with it. We shall see if it makes it or what it does.

not sure it will. They have some weak instability, which is just enough to spark storms. Around here we have squat instability. Might make it here as some lgt to mod rain. We still have some pretty high pwats running in the 1.7-2.2 north to south.

All good man, I was just sayin. It is amazing though how most models dumped on us all today, even HPC had 2 inches mostly region wide, then today just about nothing.

Just goes to show you that the models still have a long way to go with qpf when thunder gets involved in the equation. Those plethoras of +3 inch bullseyes end up more often than not affecting only very small areas (if any).

Hey now! Tonight mars, Saturn, the moon and a star named spica will all be right next to each other. Right after sunset 8:30 ish. Spica will be the one twinkling... It's gonna be a nice night to look.

Just checked this out, very cool. Nice grouping! We lit some citronella candles and were hanging on the deck for a while. Gorgeous evening out there tonight, but a little buggy...

this is for bluehens, courtesy of larry cosgrove

ALSO....huge concern now for a major heavy rainfall event 6 to 10 days from now along the Eastern Seaboard northward into New England. Weakness sets up from Bay of Campeche into a slow moving trough axis from QC into NY. That much tropical moisture plus various and sundry mesoscale disturbances and an advancing cold front suggests copious precipitation amounts along the Interstate 95 and 81 corridors.

ALSO....huge concern now for a major heavy rainfall event 6 to 10 days from now along the Eastern Seaboard northward into New England. Weakness sets up from Bay of Campeche into a slow moving trough axis from QC into NY. That much tropical moisture plus various and sundry mesoscale disturbances and an advancing cold front suggests copious precipitation amounts along the Interstate 95 and 81 corridors.

Yep feels a little overdue

Man I hope he's right but we've been hearing that off and on all summer long to no avail.

Can somebody tell me what that is lighting up over central Michigan and which direction its going to head? Weenie in me says it looks like something that starts with a "D".

Man I hope he's right but we've been hearing that off and on all summer long to no avail.

Can somebody tell me what that is lighting up over central Michigan and which direction its going to head? Weenie in me says it looks like something that starts with a "D".

That's going to head into NY State and die out over E NY in the morning.

Archived