Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
E PA/NJ/DE/NE MD: Banter thread

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anyone know if it's possible to 'calibrate' the dewpoint on the Davis? I see in the manual you can appy an offset

to temperature based on a calibrated (with the bowl of crushed ice I guess) thermometer. Haven't done it

yet, but I plan to do it with the indoor temp that seems to run 4 degrees too high. Outside might be a degree

or so too low. My sensor is at 30' with the anenometer and usually runs a little lower than my 2m non-Davis thermo

that's usually pretty accurate - i.e. rain starts to freeze at about 31.8.

Standard thermometer height is near 2 meters, so I'm not surprised yours runs a bit cool way up near 10 meters. You probably saw the method I used to get my wind sensor way above the rest of my Davis Vantage Pro 2 equipment (the telephone pole in Jersey, the flagpole here in Elko).

As far as calibrating the instrument, Davis VP2 actually measures RH directly and calculates dew point based on temperature, RH and pressure. Instructions are on page 28, I believe: http://www.davisnet.com/product_documents/weather/manuals/07395-234_IM_06312.pdf

I don't get why people want to chase linear storms in populated areas with hilly and forested terrain.

In the philly area i can see...parts of s jerz or out in chester county where its rural and limited spotters are around its good to have people around to report damage and what not to help the people at the nws. But i dont get why you need 5 cameras and tripods to do so....

Why you wanna join?

nor do i get why you need 5 cameras and tripods to do so....

Nope.... Only thing I'll chase is a tornado potential. Plus, I'm in the middle of a 48hr shift.

5 cameras = bigger field of vision so you can not only get the trees on your left, but the shopping center on your right!

Airport highs thru 2PM:

TTN 99

DYL 98

PNE 99

WRI 99

VAY 100

SMQ 101

LOM 99

NEL 99

UKT 99

PHL 100

BLM 99