• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
E PA/NJ/DE/NE MD: Banter thread

You have the console, right?

It's a Vantage Vue (rather than the Pro2) but otherwise yes.

I figured it out. Somehow I just always assumed that either because it wasn't a VP2 or because I didn't have a data-logger that I couldn't do that. Silly me.

Yesterday's high was only 79 imby, aparently...

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's a Vantage Vue (rather than the Pro2) but otherwise yes.

I figured it out. Somehow I just always assumed that either because it wasn't a VP2 or because I didn't have a data-logger that I couldn't do that. Silly me.

Yesterday's high was only 79 imby, aparently...

DYL was 81 and PNE was 78 so that doesn't sound unreasonable.

Thanks for the positive comment. The drought is becoming serious. Groundwater tables are dropping quickly from the June rains. Drought watch conditions will rear its ugly head next week at this pace if we do get serious rains by the end of the weekend. Dry begets dry but with the heat it makes it worse. The leaves are being scorched, lawns are dormant and I know its getting worse when the japanese beetles and stinkbug population has dropped off

It worked!

Interesting that SPC issued no MCD's yesterday for the Northeast and Mid Atlantic.

I saw they had a 5% see text for us. But yesterday seemed to have over performed (based on warnings alone, I haven't had time to see the reports). Any input you guys could relay to the SPC to review the days events? I know the shear yesterday wasn't all that great, but with pretty good thermo's and low level moisture, we saw our fair share of warnings.

I saw they had a 5% see text for us. But yesterday seemed to have over performed (based on warnings alone, I haven't had time to see the reports). Any input you guys could relay to the SPC to review the days events? I know the shear yesterday wasn't all that great, but with pretty good thermo's and low level moisture, we saw our fair share of warnings.

Yeah, I saw the 5 percent see text area. I am not all that surprised though that they did not upgrade to a slight risk based on the not so robust parameters. I was just surprised that not even one MCD was issued especially given several warnings that were issued. Maybe I will have to bug my contact at SPC. :)

94 at noon imby.

At least it's a *little* less humid than yesterday. DP of 68 Davis Degrees, so around 65

Edit: PNE is reporting 61. That's a pretty great disparity but I'll take their numbers over mine.

Parents' also say 68, TTN says 63.

NAM really putting out the heavy rain fall with this front 1.69 of qpf for KPNE 2.37 qpf for Harrisburg and almost 3 inches for state college. Hopefully it verifies we could really use this rain. it does appear to be that the front is trending slower. The 12z GFS still has it close by in south Delaware and cape may south Jersey on Saturday.

I remember reading a few years ago about a "formula" for the amount of evaporation of moisture from the ground on a sunny 90 degree day. Not sure what it was or how accurate it was - or if it was just a generic thought. Probably depended on humidity, cloud cover, etc. Regardless we are not looking very good here. We (Worcester, PA.) got about .75 " of rain on Sunday and as of today there is little evidence of that in the vegetation around here. Back to brown and wilted. The summer sun really sucks the moisture out. Maybe tomorrow storms will help

Does anyone know if it's possible to 'calibrate' the dewpoint on the Davis? I see in the manual you can appy an offset

to temperature based on a calibrated (with the bowl of crushed ice I guess) thermometer. Haven't done it

yet, but I plan to do it with the indoor temp that seems to run 4 degrees too high. Outside might be a degree

or so too low. My sensor is at 30' with the anenometer and usually runs a little lower than my 2m non-Davis thermo

that's usually pretty accurate - i.e. rain starts to freeze at about 31.8.

Archived