Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
E PA/NJ/DE/NE MD: Banter thread

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

you didn't have 1.25", and it is unsupported by doppler estimates as well as surrounding gauges. The two gauges closest to you currently show 0.71" and 0.72". One is 1.25 miles from you house directly to the west and the other is 3 miles to your south. Doppler estimates are in the 0.60-1.00" range for that area, which jives with the other readings. I know you are enthusiastic, but you enjoy reporting too many extremes, whether it is snowfall amounts, rain rates, lack of t-storms, and temps. Just enjoy what you get Mike.

Just reporting what is in the gauge. I know my temps did run a little high but I have corrected that. The gauge in Macungie is now showing nearly two inches 1.93 inches mine is at 1.62 inches. Trexlertown is at 1.38, Mertztown at 1.27. I do not believe my gauge is unreasonable since I live between trexlertown and macungie. I have had little reporting on snowfall amounts since we did not have anything significant last year to report. I was called out on my thoughts on the potential for a drought and in retrospect I was pretty damn close if we had not had the two weeks of spotty t-storms in the Philly area. The guys in Delaware were not that fortunate and hope things get better for them.

Just reporting what is in the gauge. I know my temps did run a little high but I have corrected that. The gauge in Macungie is now showing nearly two inches 1.93 inches mine is at 1.62 inches. Trexlertown is at 1.38, Mertztown at 1.27. I do not believe my gauge is unreasonable since I live between trexlertown and macungie. I have had little reporting on snowfall amounts since we did not have anything significant last year to report. I was called out on my thoughts on the potential for a drought and in retrospect I was pretty damn close if we had not had the two weeks of spotty t-storms in the Philly area. The guys in Delaware were not that fortunate and hope things get better for them.

Mike,

As of five minutes ago, four gauges within 3 miles of you in each direction show daily rainfall of 1.31" (one mile W), 1.31" (3 miles S), 1.01" (3 miles E), and 1.40" (2 miles N). Macungie is one of those at 1.31", not 1.93". Please remember that the internet is all pervasive, and that we are all privy to the information deposited there. Again, doppler supports the amounts seen in the individual gauges. Rather than beat your head against the wall, just accept that your gauge is incorrect.

Pretty cool on radar, you had the main storm coming in from the WNW and a strong cell from the WSW coming up from Chester. Met up right over you.

Near constant lightning. Extremely heavy rain, but my gauge isn't working so I'm not sure how much.

Archived