• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
E PA/NJ/DE/NE MD: Banter thread

The entire Delmarva peninsula is going to need one or maybe 2 TC's this year to even come remotely close to normal on rainfall for the year. ILG is currently 8.5" under for the year. The lower eastern shore of MD is even worse off I think.

the lower delmarva is pretty close to normal...delaware is hurting pretty bad and eastern shore

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The entire Delmarva peninsula is going to need one or maybe 2 TC's this year to even come remotely close to normal on rainfall for the year. ILG is currently 8.5" under for the year. The lower eastern shore of MD is even worse off I think.

You and I should do our rain dances. The 12Z Euro gives us a decent amount of rain on Sunday while the 12Z GFS wants to dump 1.62" at KILG on the same day. Of course, the NAM only has a tenth of an inch...

You and I should do our rain dances. The 12Z Euro gives us a decent amount of rain on Sunday while the 12Z GFS wants to dump 1.62" at KILG on the same day. Of course, the NAM only has a tenth of an inch...

sunday looks like the best shot of widespread stuff. It all looks very convective, with tropical downpours. Some locales are gonna get dumped on while others don't get much. Just pray yours gets the rain lol.

Need rain now, kthnx. 150 acre fire 2 miles from my house. Feels like spring fire season down here with all the fires we've been having in South Jersey. And the quicker we get rain, the quicker I can actually sleep a full 6 hrs a day, lol. We've been averaging 1-2 calls a day since the derecho.

Need rain now, kthnx. 150 acre fire 2 miles from my house. Feels like spring fire season down here with all the fires we've been having in South Jersey. And the quicker we get rain, the quicker I can actually sleep a full 6 hrs a day, lol. We've been averaging 1-2 calls a day since the derecho.

Gotta love how the 12Z Nam shows 90-95 degrees highs with little or no rain right through the weekend. :arrowhead:

Probably going to take some luck to get a good soaking across the area this weekend. It will be interesting to see how the storms set up.

There was a brush fire at drive time on Admiral Wilson Blvd., soon after you come over the BFB. I could some pretty high flames licking up as I was driving by. It was in a small field of high grass right next to the tent city that's formed on the westbound side if you're familiar with the (lovely) area...

I do rain dances every day around here but to no avail for the past couple of months. I watered some things this morning to try to put the reverse jinx on a bit too. Not surprising we're seeing a lot of bush fires because everything I see in this area is just a tinderbox of dried burning material.

I like seeing the large batch of rain to our west but of course it dries up onces clearing the mountains. We need to break this pattern in a bad way and get more widespread coverage moving towards the coastal plain.

What is the heat looking like next week on the models?

One could be tempted to call BS on the drought monitor update with only the far western part of the state (9%) under moderate drought and a small area of abnormally dry in Philly and locations very nearby. Yard is brown and many weeds in the woods are hanging limp. Stream levels have dropped noticeably over the last week.

http://droughtmonitor.unl.edu/DM_state.htm?PA,NE

We need Grothar to start going off about the pending drought apocalypse, everytime he does when end up getting a monsoon

Thanks for the positive comment. The drought is becoming serious. Groundwater tables are dropping quickly from the June rains. Drought watch conditions will rear its ugly head next week at this pace if we do get serious rains by the end of the weekend. Dry begets dry but with the heat it makes it worse. The leaves are being scorched, lawns are dormant and I know its getting worse when the japanese beetles and stinkbug population has dropped off

pa07d_dwc.gif

USGS.01451500.04.00060..20120706.20120713.log.0.p50.gif

USGS.403429075392401.02.72019..20120706.20120713..0..gif

w30_le644.gif

up to .53 here in d hizzle the rain train is aimed right at delco pretty much...pretty funny philliy hasnt even gotten a tenth which is like 6 miles to my south.,

Decent amount for you. Looks like PHL is up to 0.12 so far.

Archived