Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
E PA/NJ/DE/NE MD: Banter thread

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think Adam's post was entirely directed at me, but I was only pointing out how the local and national media have been reacting to the recent heat wave. I was not intending on debating anyone. If you read through some of the threads in CC subforum, you'll see it's very similar to PR in that you will be essentially banging you head against the wall trying to have any kind of meaningful discussion.

To others, I would say that we have another section of the forum called "Off Topic", yet we still all post random OT crap in this thread everyday, so I don't think anyone's comments were out of line in that regard...

I don't think Adam's post was entirely directed at me, but I was only pointing out how the local and national media have been reacting to the recent heat wave. I was not intending on debating anyone. If you read through some of the threads in CC subforum, you'll see it's very similar to PR in that you will be essentially banging you head against the wall trying to have any kind of meaningful discussion.

To others, I would say that we have another section of the forum called "Off Topic", yet we still all post random OT crap in this thread everyday, so I don't think anyone's comments were out of line in that regard...

I was just heading off a debate before it got started. Like you said, CC can get political and I definitely don't want any of that in this thread. If someone wants to have a mini-CC type thread here for local folks, that's fine. I won't moderate it heavily except if it turns nasty. But let's keep this thread on topic about the weather and other light hearted banter.

I certainly wasn't picking on you either - just didn't want this awesome thread to start heading down that road. :)

I would kill for one of those slow to non-moving storms up around Harrisburg to form over northern DE. Whole area around here is a dust bowl.

Yeah really. But, the east to southeast low-level flow is keeping the convection well west and northwest so far.

12z euro is showing .75-1.5 this weekend over the region starting saturday morning. Most likely their will be more than this in spots. The atmosphere is going to be juiced up like phlwx said.

I'll believe it when I see it.....sadly we've seen quite a bit of modeled rain over the past couple of weeks that hasn't materialized. We need it big time.

LOL. This is not going to be a hyperactive, or even active (by recent standards) season. With the Bermuda high in place the way it is, though, the EC is likely to get a landfall or a near miss, though.

The entire Delmarva peninsula is going to need one or maybe 2 TC's this year to even come remotely close to normal on rainfall for the year. ILG is currently 8.5" under for the year. The lower eastern shore of MD is even worse off I think.

Archived